Offline 1991 Motoring

Hi all,

Recently I finally had the chance to have a photoshoot with one of my client's cars, a murdered Lotus Exige S. The owner has put a few mods into it but still has a few to go.

So far it has:
Gotham Tuning Exhaust
Gotham Tuning ECU
Gotham Tuning Supercharger

Coming soon:
Smoked tail lights
Kobayashi wide body kit.

It currently has around the 330hp, and the owner says that's quite enough for him at this stage, however there maybe more performance upgrades as time goes on

The basic idea I had when planning this shoot was to keep in with the sinister all black look that the car already has and also to combine that with the Gotham plate. So I decided that a night shoot would be fitting, and without sounding up myself, I really love these pics!!

Another good thing about this car is that it's a daily driver!

Anyway, hope you guys like the pics! Any feedback is welcomed :)

Cheers,
Josh

Offline 98octane

Nice pics Josh.

OT - out of interest, what do you mean when you say "my clients"?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
200% awesome :darkside:

one thing I think you should try is step back from the subject as far as you can still collect a crisp shot at full-zoom, I reckon you'd get fantastic results.

Offline dkabab

Amazing shots!!!!!

Ash- good point... Gives photos a whole different appearance. Narrows the background and increases the depth of field.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Funny thing how the long distance with narrow FOV makes things more perspectively-impressive - it's the primary reason I'd like an SLR and good lens cos it's hard to do with my dinky toy.

I first learnt this oddly enough long before I cared for photography or cars in the mid-90s in a game called Quake (thanks for the soundtrack again James :cool: ). This was the paradigm-changing first-person-shooter, but more than that it had a command line interface where geeks like me could program stuff in - such as zooming and FOV alterations (and bazooka-jumps :D ) - and what i noticed was apart from being a melée voyeur, the close combat clashes between other players actually looked better from a long distance away but framed the same than up close and personal - it just seemed more visceral.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

These pics have really whet my appetite....I pick up my starlight black Lotus tomorrow!!!! :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

These pics have really whet my appetite....I pick up my starlight black Lotus tomorrow!!!! :thumbsup:

ooh butterflies eh - was gunna split the bs thread off but thought you might like the glory of starting your own thread with thoughts and pics. :cool:

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

ooh butterflies eh - was gunna split the bs thread off but thought you might like the glory of starting your own thread with thoughts and pics. :cool:

Thanks, mate.  will do so this weekend.  :)

Offline dkabab

Funny thing how the long distance with narrow FOV makes things more perspectively-impressive

Interesting side note - most fashion/glamour photography is done with a long focal length as opposed to a short focal (wide angle) lens because it makes people look more proportioned and thinner of course. :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1D01Ewwtg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1D01Ewwtg</a>