Online andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Must be this one then.

Yes, that's the one I am assuming he is talking about. From its descrpition, that car would need it's purchase price+ to be spent on it to make it right.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Tell me about it. I am very tempted, only 'cause it's so cheap and in such great nick. But I wouldn't drive it much if at all, so it would be a waste of a car to be in my garage.

the 80's Esprits have been going for $25-40k for at least the last few years that i've been watching.  there's a great looking silver one with GUIGARO (sp?) plates which has sat on about $25k unsold for as long as i can remember.  i've often contemplated them, very much my style of car, pure-80's-wedge baby.

Online andecorp

the 80's Esprits have been going for $25-40k for at least the last few years that i've been watching.  there's a great looking silver one with GUIGARO (sp?) plates which has sat on about $25k unsold for as long as i can remember.  i've often contemplated them, very much my style of car, pure-80's-wedge baby.

Reason they are that cheap is because most are WRECKED. You need to spend tens of thousands on them to make them right.

This burgundy one though, it sounds in the ad that the owner has fully spent the money required on it already. But he can't sell it any higher as the market has been brought down by the junkers.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

yeah, pretty much as i'd figgered.  reason i never seriously got around to kicking tyres, as i saw it as just a much more expensive version of the X market which is 95% junk that needs more money spent than it'll ever be worth, with the occasional diamond in the rough.

Online andecorp

yeah, pretty much as i'd figgered.  reason i never seriously got around to kicking tyres, as i saw it as just a much more expensive version of the X market which is 95% junk that needs more money spent than it'll ever be worth, with the occasional diamond in the rough.

That's right. And this burgundy one looks like a diamond with some good later model improvements done to it. And the high suspension is easily fixed.

Online andecorp

Also, from mid '84 all the common engine problems were sorted when they changed manufacturing process, so you wouldn't want a pre-85 car. This is from what I read though.

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

yeah they are 80s cool...can imagine hitting the twisties, ray bans on and journey blaring on the tape deck  :cool:
Team <200mph

Offline fivesix

yeah that is the one he is looking at. I think hes going to test drive it today. Im sure he will join up here soon however. Thanks for the input guys. Ill be sure to let you know how it goes.

Ryan  :D

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Servicing ain't cheap for 'G' cars. A guy in Sydney just enquired about a 'B' service for his Loti at the major dealership there...

$3500+

Hate to think what the 'C' is...
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

are timing belt changes a big issue like on many italian cars?  also, are the engines interference?