Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
I know this is a car forum, but I know a few of you are into bikes too and I thought this looked pretty cool...

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/1/18/Lotus-C-01-Motorcycle-is-a-Carbon-Clad-Beauty-7718153/

"While motorcycles aren't exactly our forte, this particular two-wheeled specimen wears the Lotus badge and comes powered by a KTM-sourced liquid-cooled V-twin engine rated at 200 hp."

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
I like it......I will buy one if it's less than $20k
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I like it......I will buy one if it's less than $20k

lol That will probably be less than the repair cost if it falls off the side stand.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
lol That will probably be less than the repair cost if it falls off the side stand.
For sure....plenty of cf on that thing...looks great
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

I insured my Desmosedici for the first year after delivery. Second year come renewal time the insurer refused to insure it at all. My broker rang around and couldn't get anybody bar one at $4500 from memory and then only because of my record. Apparently half a dozen had been written off, one just being dropped off the side stand :eek:
The OEM spare parts prices for the Desmo are totally mental, even by Ferrari standards.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
What a load of crap.

My post ? Fact.
Bodywork at factory prices for OEM parts was something like $45k from memory. Now of course 2nd hand stuff is all over the net for SFA.
Engine parts are even worse as the engine is unique to the Desmo and used in no other model to this day. Unusual for Ducati.
I saw 2 lightly crashed Desmo's go to auction in the 1st 12 months alone. No doubt there were more I didn't see.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
What a load of crap.

Have any motorbike chassis sitting around to do some custom designs on to go with the Fezza project?
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

My post ? Fact.
Bodywork at factory prices for OEM parts was something like $45k from memory. Now of course 2nd hand stuff is all over the net for SFA.
Engine parts are even worse as the engine is unique to the Desmo and used in no other model to this day. Unusual for Ducati.
I saw 2 lightly crashed Desmo's go to auction in the 1st 12 months alone. No doubt there were more I didn't see.

No not your post mate the Lotus! It is nothing more than a show queen display bike. Twin shocks, come on what a load of balls.
That thing would not go around a corner, its a piss take. They could have done something that worked very well and still look the goods.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

Have any motorbike chassis sitting around to do some custom designs on to go with the Fezza project?

No thanks I'm a little over bikes at the moment, tricking out my new workshop and project RC458 is the priority for this year.