Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass

Offline cjay

Sorry andecorp, I have decided to keep mine. I have looked at a few Elises and to be honest I'd rather have the Elan.

The Medina green Elan #296 is my old car, Andy the current owner has cared for it well but it has 10 times the milage of mine :) it's probably one of the better ones in Oz.

The purple re-sprayed Elan for sale looks horrible and the other BRG has been for sale for years.

If you don't want that one there is one other low klm one in Melb that comes up for sale occasionally, the owner is a little hard to deal with. It's BRG  though  :scared: I almost bought it a few years ago.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Not what I am looking for condition wise.

It must be the km's then... :boggled:
Multiple concourse awards inc:
Club Lotus (NSW) - Overall Winner (2006)
Club Lotus (NSW) - Best in Class (2006)
Club Lotus Australia (National) Best in Class (2007)
Shannons Eastern Creek Classic - 2nd in Class (2007)
The medina S2's owner is a member here.
Ah, wasn't sure - just skimmed this topic and when I post from the office I can't see photos on photobucket/imageshack/flickr or any videos so just go by description! :p

Offline andecorp

Sorry andecorp, I have decided to keep mine. I have looked at a few Elises and to be honest I'd rather have the Elan.

The Medina green Elan #296 is my old car, Andy the current owner has cared for it well but it has 10 times the milage of mine :) it's probably one of the better ones in Oz.

The purple re-sprayed Elan for sale looks horrible and the other BRG has been for sale for years.

If you don't want that one there is one other low klm one in Melb that comes up for sale occasionally, the owner is a little hard to deal with. It's BRG  though  :scared: I almost bought it a few years ago.

Sorry to hear that. I know the BRG one. Last time I checked it had 5,000km. Haven't seen for sale for a long time. Didn't the guy want something ridiculous like $70k for it or so?
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline cjay

I got him down to $39K when it had 6,000k's but then he changed his mind and would not sell...

Offline andecorp

It must be the km's then... :boggled:

I know the car. The first owner abused the hell out of it. It was rattly, dirty, leaking roof and boot, smashed at the front, etc.
A lot of work must have gone into it to make it a concourse winner, although, no offense to the owner, I can't see how a car with the front indicators fitted the wrong way can win a concourse.

That being said, the qualifications of these Lotus concourse 'judges' (I use the term very loosely) can't be that great, as this is not the first time I have seen an Elan or an Esprit win or place at a concourse with the indicators fitted wrong by some clueless panel beater.
I mean for real, how hard is it to make note how the indicators sit and fit them the same way after you finish reparing the car?? And this is such a common occurence accross the world, that some people actually beleive that Esprits/Elans may come with the indicators fitted both ways.

Here are two pics. The first one with indicators fitted correctly (my old car), and the second one fitted wrong (a US car).

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Yeah well I attended a Ferrari Concourso event - and if I didn't already know that stuff like that wasn't for me, that event would have certainly been convincing enough.

Offline cjay

I thought I was the only person who noticed backwards indicators after re-sprays  ;)

Well, there was another guy who noticed the Macca F1 on the cover of a recent "Octane" mag had it's indicators in the wrong way as well! :doh:  Issue 51 if you want a look...  Same indicators as the Elan and Esprit as well :)

A lot of M100's have had work on the front end, the original brakes were hopeless.

Offline andecorp

I just got abused by pm by the Medina S2 owner for my previous post. It seems some people can't handle facts and get their knickers in a twist.  :rolleyes: