Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
After the first day's business he's recieved 16 entries: http://www.iwantalotus.com/web/pgcnfID_41616/Events

Not a bad way to make $1300 bucks a day, likely tax free. 

Even if you don't have a car to "give away", after the six months are up having taken in $170k, you can go and buy one for someone and pocket $100k.  :scratchchin:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
And even if you don't make it to the 2000, you could still end up investing a lot of other people's money, and turn a profit from that before having to pay it back.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Well, with 2,000 entries at up to 500 words each he would have up to 1 million words of inanity to read through... 

Noted the reference to the exact minimum number has been removed, as has the number of entries received, and noticed something added:

All essays received will be judged by an independent entity, an Australian Company, NETSECRETARY.COM.AU , Australian Achiever Awards winner 2008, who will select a final 5 essays. Christian Healey will judge the winner from the final 5 submitted to him via Netsecretary.com.au.

Wonder how much netsecretary charge for reading, $1-10 an email?

Interesting to see how it all goes (if we hear about it) - not a bad way to pocket ~$100k in 6 months.  According to webstats his site got 204 unique visitors for the month of June - here at AE we got around 80,000-100,000.  If I ran a promo to "win" a car (which I could buy for the winner at the end), and made the entry fee "only" $10 bucks, how many of up to 100,000 people per month would enter...? :scratchchin:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If I ran a promo to "win" a car (which I could buy for the winner at the end), and made the entry fee "only" $10 bucks, how many of up to 100,000 people per month would enter...? :scratchchin:

I'm in, where do I send my 10 bucks.  :thumbsup:

But I don't have to write you a love letter, right????

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Didn't work.

Site Is Closing Down!

Hello everyone,

With only weeks to go it is highly unlikely to reach the amount of essays required to enable this offer to come to fruition.

Thank you to the hundreds of you who submitted an essay, including all of you from overseas. Refunds are being processed so please check your pay pal accounts over the next 2 weeks.

This has been quite a unique experience and the feedback I have received on this concept has been incredibly positive.

To all of you who put in the effort to make this all happen, THANK YOU!

My Elise remains mine to enjoy and she will soon be joined by another in the Lotus family as it arrives off the ship from the UK.

For all of you living in South Australia, positive things happen to positive people. If you are looking to sell your home, you know where you can find me! We all create success. It doesn’t come looking for us.

To be successful you need to be educated to the limits in your field of expertise. Mine just happens to be real estate.

This website will be taken down shortly.

My best wishes to you all.

Christian Healey

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Not 100% sure - but I think it's this car which has just been listed:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/LOTUS/ELISE/South%20Australia/csn6542482.aspx

Perhaps someone should tell them - you can buy a brand new one for that price :doh:

Vehicle   2007 LOTUS ELISE 111 MY07 S
Colour   GREEN METALIC
Body   2 door 2 seat ROADSTER
Transmission   5 speed Manual
Drive type   Rear
Engine   4 cylinder Unleaded Multi-point injected 1.8L (1796cc)
Kms   13745
Miles   8521.9
Price   $69,500*
Price Denomination   AUD
Stock number   16964
Registration number   CC122J

LMCT   105452
State   South Australia

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Not 100% sure - but I think it's this car which has just been listed:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/LOTUS/ELISE/South%20Australia/csn6542482.aspx

Perhaps someone should tell them - you can buy a brand new one for that price :doh:

lol!

What chutzpah!