Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

But you do realise it's light silver and the interior isn't red?  :p

I'm flexible too!  :tilt:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Any of the Adelayed'ers ... have you heard of these guys?

http://www.dtperformance.com.au

Lotus Esprit V8 Turbo

Our complete replacement Lotus V8 Twin Turbo system is a work of art. Designed for maximum power output under all conditions we certainly spent some time designing this one. Using only the highest quality components this D&T Supercar system pushes the Lotus to 300kw of power, while still being totally emission legal.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dkabab

I think they mainly focus on Ford/Holden v8's with exhausts, ecu's etc.... but havnt had any first hand experience.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
cant say ive heard of them, but being adelaide based and listing lotus things I went to have a look at their site, which is perhaps the most useless and annoying website ive ever encountered
I cant tell from the site what they actually do, and I have to click randomly all over the screen trying to find a link to click

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
I looked at their site some 7-8 years ago because of their work with the V8 Esprit exhaust.

Here's a link to the old D&T site and the exhaust they are talking about.

http://www.dtperformance.com.au/oldsite/esprit.htm

There's probably only 1 or 2 of these systems floating around so unsure as to the durability or quality of sound.

All I can say is get rid of the standard lotus box asap as they are deplorable.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Any of the Adelayed'ers ... have you heard of these guys?

They did the custom headers and exhaust for my hot twin-cam X1/9 in about 2003, cost about $2k in the end, the noise they managed to extract out of that little sucker was amazing. :melting:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DXs9bq7oA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DXs9bq7oA</a>

Offline allanuber

S4simon on every forum!   :)      The old D&T site is great, they should never have dumped the graphic of the exhaust with the flames shooting out. Old Skool!!!

Agreed on the standard exhaust, it'll be shelfware shortly. I've filled out the contacty form on the D&T site so will wait to hear back from them ... meanwhile the pretty Larini system looks awesome, but costs about as much as the car   :doh:

Any other must-have (either performance or reliability upgrades you'd suggest?)
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

They did the custom headers and exhaust for my hot twin-cam X1/9 in about 2003, cost about $2k in the end, the noise they managed to extract out of that little sucker was amazing. :melting:

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAA. Awesome.

Hmmmmm. Looks like I'll be in Adelaide for some work post Easter. Great excuse for a roadtrip if they could fit the kit while I'm down there   :scratchchin:
C'mon, do it!

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Any other must-have (either performance or reliability upgrades you'd suggest?)

You've reached the pinnacle of Esprit ownership in one hit.  I don't think you really need to do much else unless Andre has a few ideas.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAA. Awesome.

Hmmmmm. Looks like I'll be in Adelaide for some work post Easter. Great excuse for a roadtrip if they could fit the kit while I'm down there   :scratchchin:

Or, There's Black Mamba near me in Dandenong.... custom system made in any material you like... could prob make it if you dropped it on way to Adelaide, then picked it up on way back?

The guy is a true genius with pipes and can predict exhaust sound/volume AMAZINGLY well...