Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Incredible. Worth about half that, IMO.

Usual story, what people ask for probably isn't what they are going to get. It's a lovely $100K car, it's a WTF, reeeeeaaally, $200K car.
C'mon, do it!

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
How hard can it be for Lotus to bolt a supercharger on, fiddle with the software put on some stickers that have '400' in them?

Then it would be GT3 fast and $200k wouldn't be so bad.

Offline dkabab

How hard can it be for Lotus to bolt a supercharger on, fiddle with the software put on some stickers that have '400' in them?

im pretty sure i read they were going to do that as an updated version

Offline cjay

The first batch of Evora's are launch editions... the non launch ones should be slightly less ridiculous but still OTT  :(

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Still a big ask for what seems like a lot less focussed car. That being said, I'm waiting for a chance to zap one around Eastern Creek and I might come back a convert...
C'mon, do it!

Offline cjay

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Still a big ask for what seems like a lot less focussed car. That being said, I'm waiting for a chance to zap one around Eastern Creek and I might come back a convert...

I have driven one, the ride and handling is pretty impressive but it's just too slow.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
I agree... I have had a fw Lotus products including an S1 Elise when it first launched.... ten years later its still really relevent - low weight, smaller capacilty motors ( Ferrari Chilli anyone!)

However I feel the Evora no matter how spec'd either launch or not is just way over priced when you compare it to its main rivals Cayman etc, secondly to that all the 'launch spec' options in this day and age need to be standard fitment

Surely Lotus need greater market share no matter how 'niche' they want to be, the only way to do that is to be price competitive with brands like Porsche.. at $150 - $160K its a real proposition, at $200K no way,surely anyone at that price point would have too seriously go a very low milage 997 911... there are just too many unknowns with the Evora still around resale etc.

Its a shame.... based upon this 'launch spec' price, imagine how expensive a 'hot' verison is going to be!

:doh:

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I agree... I have had a fw Lotus products including an S1 Elise when it first launched.... ten years later its still really relevent - low weight, smaller capacilty motors ( Ferrari Chilli anyone!)

However I feel the Evora no matter how spec'd either launch or not is just way over priced when you compare it to its main rivals Cayman etc, secondly to that all the 'launch spec' options in this day and age need to be standard fitment

Surely Lotus need greater market share no matter how 'niche' they want to be, the only way to do that is to be price competitive with brands like Porsche.. at $150 - $160K its a real proposition, at $200K no way,surely anyone at that price point would have too seriously go a very low milage 997 911... there are just too many unknowns with the Evora still around resale etc.

Its a shame.... based upon this 'launch spec' price, imagine how expensive a 'hot' verison is going to be!

:doh:

Good post.  I'd rather have an Elise S and a Cayman (combined circa $200k) than an Evora for circa $200k.  Evora needs to retail at no more than $150k (max - fully loaded) to be relevant, IMHO.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I think the sadest thing is that at that price they will likely not sell very many.

all that means is that if Lotus cant sell many, they wont make much money, and therefore cannot keep building the types of cars we would all love to see (new esprit anyone?)

i just hope they havnt taken the wrong path and end up becoming a distant memory