Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
 :cool:

TOP GEAR PRESENTERS AND JAMES BOND WANT LOTUS EVORA

Celebrities endorse Lotus Evora by signing up for the new sports coupe, to make its Australian debut in Melbourne.

The order book has only been open for a few weeks but already the popularity, stylish good looks and performance of the Lotus Evora has attracted some of the world's rich and famous, who have put their name down to be part of the first group to receive their own exciting 2+2 sports coupe when it goes on sale in 2009.

It's slightly ironic that the launch marketing campaign for the Evora presents the car as having ‘true character in a faceless world', as the famous faces have flocked to the Lotus Evora's sleek styling, practicality and unique performance. Sporting legends, supermodels, Hollywood movie stars, TV personalities, musicians and even the Mayor of London have all put their name down to be part of the first batch of Lotus Evoras to roll off the Lotus production line at Hethel in the UK in early 2009.

Two out of the three Top Gear UK TV presenters have put their orders in with Richard Hammond and James May both on the list, alongside current and past James Bond 007 actors Daniel Craig and Pierce Brosnan.

Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, has joined the likes of USA TV personality and car nut Jay Leno, musician Jay Kay and supermodel and car enthusiast/racer Jodie Kidd in joining the Evora's list.

Musicians and actors are clearly in love with the Lotus Evora, attracting Beyoncé, Dave Grohl, Kelly Rowland, George Clooney, Kevin Spacey, Patrick Dempsey and JLo, who will all get to experience the legendary Lotus ride and handling within the world's only mid-engined 2+2 with a 3.5-litre 206kW V6.

Lotus Cars Australia Sales & Marketing Manager Jonathan Stretton has also confirmed when the Lotus Evora will first be seen in Australia: "We delighted to confirm that the Lotus Evora will make its Australian – and southern hemisphere – debut at the Melbourne Motor Show in February 2009, where we believe it will be the star of the show.

"It is a very important car for Lotus in Australia and is also the biggest milestone for Lotus globally since the Elise was born 13 years ago. The fact we are one of the first international markets to have the Lotus Evora on display shows the commitment that Lotus pays to the Australian market."

Russ Tyrie, Melbourne International Motor Show Director, said of the announcement: "We are genuinely pleased and enthused to have the Lotus Evora confirmed as one of the stars of the show. The Melbourne Motor Show has a long history of showcasing significant new Lotus models over the years, so we are delighted to see that tradition continue at our 75th annual motor show.

"This car will be one of the undisputed star attractions and it is also the first major star to be confirmed. We're sure that amongst the field of high performance and exotic supercars, the Lotus will be a standout."

Lotus Cars Australia already has a significant number of expressions of interest for the Evora, with final specifications and Australian pricing expected to be released at the Melbourne International Motor Show

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I'd still want to see it in real life before I make any commitment (Europa looked great in pics and garbage IRL). Also the price has to be realistic - $100k-$150k. Any more, it will be too little car for the money.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I don't fancy the chances of getting your bum in the seat with much change from $200k

Offline andecorp

I don't fancy the chances of getting your bum in the seat with much change from $200k

And if that's the case, it makes it totally not worth it compared with what else is out there.

Offline andecorp

Especially when you consider that this is just the base model. They already stated that they will release supercharged/turbo versions, etc.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

What else is there for the $150-200k new car buyer? M3, Cayman, Boxster, GTR, and a bunch of Merc and Audi family cars - oh yeah and the Commodore W527.

As long as it undercuts the Carrera I think it will do alright.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've seen it in the flesh at Paris and it is a very disappointingly styled car.  No presence - it has about as much kerbside appeal as an MX5.  The Exige kills it for looks.  It'll want to be really something on the road.

Offline andecorp

I've seen it in the flesh at Paris and it is a very disappointingly styled car.  No presence - it has about as much kerbside appeal as an MX5.  The Exige kills it for looks.  It'll want to be really something on the road.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Based on  photos alone, I'd take a series 2 Elise or Exige any day of the week.

Offline andecorp

The Evora, according to it's measurements, and to people that saw it live, is that it's a huge car. Definetely not small like the Elise/Exige. Is that true?