Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Previews of the Evora available at Zagames from Friday 27th - possibly invite only. (No I didn't get one)

I have an invite. anyone that wants to come let me know by tomorrow morning so I can RSVP it. Private individual viewings on the Lotus stand at the show.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline andecorp

I just booked it now for 2pm on Sat for myself and someone/anyone else who wants to come. Comes with free show tickets too.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I have a couple of VACC member free tickets.

I have no intention of going to the show myself, so if anyone wants them, just yell out.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Lotus Cars Australia has shown the new face of sports cars today, with the first local unveiling of the stunning new Evora.

The design of the Evora breaths athleticism and performance, from the signature Lotus nose to the crisp and flowing lines that focus attention to the muscular rear end, accentuating the mid-engined language and unmistakably Lotus styling.

The Evora’s interior is dynamic, highly functional and contemporary with front seating designed to comfortably accommodate occupants up to six-foot five. The option of a further two seats in the rear add practicality, and mark the Evora as a true 2+2 mid-engined sports car.

Underpinned by Lotus’s Versatile Vehicle Architecture technology, offering an adaptable, extremely strong, stiff and lightweight chassis, the Evora weighs just 1350kg. With a 3.5 litre V6 engine, it’s capable of 0-100 km/h in just five seconds.

Lotus Cars Australia has detailed an estimated price for the Evora at $162,990 plus dealer delivery and government charges and the 2+2 variant at $169,990 plus dealer delivery and government charges.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/24236/2009-lotus-evora-at-mims/

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
thats a fair bit cheaper than I thought it would be
I would have guessed just under 200

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
thats a fair bit cheaper than I thought it would be
I would have guessed just under 200

Thought they'd be about $175k on-road. So this is about $25k more than I thought.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Expected to go on sale in Australia in the third quarter of 2009, the new Lotus Evora has generated extensive interest - and orders - since its first showing at the British International Motor Show in July. And now it’s on show here. The list of celebrities who have their names in the Evora order book is, to be honest, astounding.

When the wraps came off the Evora at the Melbourne Motor Show this morning, it was easy to see why: this is one incredibly stunning coupe.

Here’s a quick rundown of those with their hands up: Boris Johnson (Mayor of London), Jay Leno, musician Jay Kay and supermodel Jodie Kidd. Then there is Beyoncé, Dave Grõhl, Kelly Rowland, George Clooney, Kevin Spacey, Patrick Dempsey and JLo.

Evora is powered by a Lotus-tuned all-alloy 3.5 litre (Toyota derived) V6, with variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust cams and is capable of 0-100 km/h in just five seconds. Its 2+2 seating configuration includes child seat capability in the back, and the practicality carries through to a 160 litre boot to accommodate a full set of golf clubs.

Option packs allow purchasers to choose the added features that they want, such as cruise control and parking sensors, top-end stereo and multi-media systems, satellite navigation, reversing camera and active noise cancellation, switchable suspension and upgraded brakes.

The practicality of the Evora no-doubt goes a long way to explaining its pre-release popularity, a modern Lotus has never been this accessible. As Lotus freely admits, Evora has been designed to be as much a luxury coupe as a high-performance sports car.

“The Evora is quite possibly one of the most relevant sports cars of the moment. In a time where carmakers are striving to produce lighter, more fuel-efficient vehicles, Lotus is already there - and it always has been”, Jonathan Stretton, General Manager Sales and Marketing said

Lotus Cars Australia has detailed an estimated price for the Evora at $162,990 plus dealer delivery and government charges and the 2+2 variant at $169,990 plus dealer delivery and government charges.

With beautifully fluid lines, and stunning finish, this is another must-see for all car enthusiasts at the Melbourne Motor Show.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/21315/2009-melbourne-motor-show-2010-lotus-evora/

Offline andecorp

I didn't have time on Sat, so I had my private viewing today. The car is a MILLION times better in real life than in pics. I LOVE IT! So much so, I put down a deposit on it and i'll have delivery in Aug. It will be the third one to come to Aust out of the 45 allocated here.

The rear is nice, but the front and front quarter view - WOW. Interior is ok too, but it was poor fit and finish. I was told because it's the non working show car. Production cars are supposed to be faultless in quality.  Also, the photos don't make you realise what a big car it is. NOTHING like the Elise family.

I ordered exactly as the show car - silver with cream leather and aluminium accents. In 8 weeks they'll send me the full options list to choose from.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan