Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Well I would rather leave my car as a non runner for a few more months than take a chance with someone else (just wasted $400 trucking it to Swiss Automotive and back)
I would be grateful if you could speak with Francois on his return from Switzerland, and ask if he would agree to look at my car.
I will touch base with you in October if that's ok.
Thanks for your responses to my original post, much appreciated.
Cheers
Lee
No problem.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline andecorp

Or fly Paul over for a week?
What about the tools?

It would be cheaper to ship the car here - $1k return.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
What about the tools?

It would be cheaper to ship the car here - $1k return.

Who does perth-melbfor $500 each way? Surely 4 times that?

Tools, just take basics, and do a deal with a local shop, to have a corner

Offline andecorp

Who does perth-melbfor $500 each way? Surely 4 times that?
I'm talking about the normal carriers - Autotrans does $640 one way, less if both ways booked.

Offline andecorp

Hang on, it's a non-runner. I have no idea how much it would cost to make it's way here, as Autotrans only does runners.

Offline 96 Blue

• Drives: Esprit S4s
  • Name: Lennoix
Oh Crap! I feel sooo guilty.
LotusLee I had the same experience with Swiss Automotive (Bucciarelli) a couple of years back with my S4s. I read they were the place to take your lotus.
I didn't want to post anything because I was embarrassed about the $$ I had wasted and don't like rubbishing people online but what you've said has really pissed me off.
My car was at their workshop for over 8 months and when I finally got it back it wasn't working properly. It went in for a C service, cam belt change and it came back with more problems than fixes.
They had replaced the clutch as they told me it was worn. I replaced the clutch again last year with T&R Green and they found it wasn't even the correct clutch that Bucciarelli had put in the car. T&R reckon it looked like something from a commodore!
The turbo was producing no boost and I mean literally zero boost, how could they not have noticed that.
After adding a new battery to my bill (even though I replaced the battery before I left the car with them) I drove it away only for it to die on me (no electricity). You'd think you would check the alternator was working before changing the battery right?
I took the car off them even though it was stalling and stumbling because I had decided to cut my losses and take it somewhere else.

I wish to warn anyone thinking of taking their car to Swiss Automotive or Bucciarelli (same owner) think again!

If you can't get a hold of Francois or Paul, T&R Green have been good to me.

Offline andecorp

LotusLee I had the same experience with Swiss Automotive (Bucciarelli) a couple of years back with my S4s. I read they were the place to take your lotus.
I didn't want to post anything because I was embarrassed about the $$ I had wasted and don't like rubbishing people online but what you've said has really pissed me off.
My car was at their workshop for over 8 months and when I finally got it back it wasn't working properly. It went in for a C service, cam belt change and it came back with more problems than fixes.
They had replaced the clutch as they told me it was worn. I replaced the clutch again last year with T&R Green and they found it wasn't even the correct clutch that Bucciarelli had put in the car. T&R reckon it looked like something from a commodore!
The turbo was producing no boost and I mean literally zero boost, how could they not have noticed that.
After adding a new battery to my bill (even though I replaced the battery before I left the car with them) I drove it away only for it to die on me (no electricity). You'd think you would check the alternator was working before changing the battery right?
I took the car off them even though it was stalling and stumbling because I had decided to cut my losses and take it somewhere else.

I wish to warn anyone thinking of taking their car to Swiss Automotive or Bucciarelli (same owner) think again!

I negotiated the sale of your car when it was brought to Perth from Qld. And Francois is the one who brought it from the dead as soon as it arrived in Perth. This was back in 2003/2004. That new owner pretty much gave Francois a blank cheque to do whatever was required, so everything was done properly. Then it was sold a couple of years later to a dentist who missed out on my black S4s so he jumped on this, and then you bought it.

Offline LotusLee

• Drives: Lotus Esprit Turbo, Porsche 928 SE, 1948 GMC Pick-up, 1970 240Z

Sorry to hear you had a similar experience, at least I can take some comfort in the fact that I didn't pay them a cent, I'll just put it down to experience and warn every other potential customer I can as to their incompetence and zero care factor.

Who is the Paul you refer to, and where is he based?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Who is the Paul you refer to, and where is he based?

Paul means "God" in Lotus speak.  :p

There is nothing he does not know about these cars.

He has just spent a lot of time on my S4s undoing and fixing a lot of the problems that were caused by "Dealer" service departments....  :doh:

He is based in Melbourne, it would be well worth the $$$$ to send yours over to be sorted out. I don't think Paul would be into flying over there but then again could ask and see what he thinks.

That reminds me, I need to find some heat shields and order some new engine mounts......