Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Yeah  , i think Lotus must have copied Ferrari !doh::scratchchin:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Well, just have to wait and see what it will really look like.

It'll be nothing like these freehand sketches, that's for sure. 

Like most renderings, I notice it's running 345/15ZR23 tyres.   :thumbsup:

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor

I still think it looks good and if this is the final design then Lotus have a winner  :thumbsup:

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG

those wheels look some familiar.... like on all the lamborghini Estoque press photo's!
personally i think the body shape look similar to the new Saleen S5
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline Marcus G

I want! :eek:
Id take that over a 458 anyday. It appears I am alone on this one but I think the 458 is the worst looking ferrari other than the 612. :scared:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline Marcus G

Plenty of time to wait.  I hasn't been developed yet.
I know. I need that time and some to save up for one... :p
Though Id probably go for an LP560 instead :thumbsup:

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
http://wot.motortrend.com/6689508/auto-news/dawn-in-paris-lotus-to-unveil-new-car-in-paris-mark-dawn-of-a-new-era/index.html#ixzz0rkyACK6C

Lotus is set to expand its lineup with a new model it will unveil in Paris, and has just released a "teaser image" showing Stonehenge at sunrise…

The teaser above is likely the first of a series of teaser images leading up to the model’s Paris reveal. Though it’s nearly impossible to guess based on the image provided, the reveal could either be an Evora convertible or a rumored and delayed Esprit. Both are viable options, but we’re hoping for the latter.

Sources indicated that a new Lotus Esprit was due sometime in 2012, powered by a handful of different engines expected to continue Lotus’ relationship with Toyota. However, Lotus signed an agreement to work with Cosworth on engines earlier this year and the company has said its relationship with Toyota is not exclusive, so the notion of a Toyota engine lineup may be a non-starter. If the Lotus-Toyota relationship does continue for the Esprit, the range-topping model is expected to use the Lexus LF-A’s screaming V-10 and go head-to-head with some of Europe’s best. A base V-6 model and a mid-range V-8 model are also expected.

Although we’re keeping our fingers crossed for the Esprit debut, it may be too soon for such a halo car to debut. The same source that estimated the Esprit launch time said that development of the Esprit had not even begun as late as a year ago, making it unlikely that it's ready for production already. The reason for the delay was that Lotus’ parent company, Proton, wanted to finish the Evora and see how well it sold before it would finance another model. This, along with the cryptic “dawning of a new era” message, lends to the idea that it could be the rumored Evora convertible.

The only thing we know for sure is that Lotus is set to expand its lineup this September when the new model debuts. Stick with us through the summer as we get closer to the unveiling of the Lotus and “expect the unexpected.” Leave us a comment below with your guess as to which car you think it is.

Source: Lotus

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Report: Lotus to target Europe's best, evolve from lightweight to luxury

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/22/report-lotus-to-target-europes-best-evolve-from-lightweight-t/

Yesterday Lotus did something rather... odd. The Malasian-owned British sports car maker sent the entire automotive world a high-res picture of Stonehenge and announced it represented the, "Dawn of a new era." We initially interpreted this to mean that the new Lotus Esprit would show up in Paris. We still think we're right about that part, but Lotus might have been letting a little bit more cat out of bag than they intended.

According to a report from Malaysia, Lotus owner Proton has hired a plethora of ex-Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin employees (including Frank Tuch, the former Director of Quality Management at Porsche) in hopes of transforming the brand away from Toyota-engined track day novelties (hello, Exige!) into a full-fledged Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin fighting luxury, high-performance brand. Of course that entails abandoning Colin Chapman's maxim, "Simplify, then add lightness," in favor of the German mandate to, "Complexify, then add steel." If you think the Italians are any better, realize that every new Ferrari ships with eighteen miles of wiring. But look on the bright side, the new cars (which will have some sort of hybrid-ness cooked in) could draw power from Chapman spinning his grave.

As we speculated yesterday, the new Esprit will need something resembling a V8 engine (at least) to not only fill the shoes of the old, long-loved Esprit, but also to compete with the world's best luxury/performance machers. Luckily for both Lotus and Lotus fans, engine-supplier Toyota has just such a motor in the form of the IS F's 416 horsepower, 371 pound-feet or torque 5.0-liter V8. Of course, if you want to play in the stratosphere with the likes of Ferrari, Porsche and/or Aston Martin these days, you're going to need at least 500 horsepower. But where would Lotus get an engine like that?

According to the report, the Lexus LFA's 552 hp, 9,000 rpm 4.8-liter V10 could be made available for Esprit duty, though it might be slightly detuned. Still, an aluminum and composite V10 is an aluminum and composite V10. While that might sound odd at first blush, Toyota (no doubt) spent a sick amount of yen coming up with the LFA's V10, but they're only building 500 (or so) LFAs. So why not recoup the pricey development costs elsewhere? Like say in a Lotus range-topper? The question then becomes: Does the world want a 500+ horsepower Lotus dolled up with enough electronic whizbangery to compete with Europe's finest? Only time and the marketplace will tell.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Translated for the ones that could not be bothered reading above

"We have shit all to show now and paying our marketting team regardless so this is the bullshit crap that we have put them on to keep them busy"