Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
i remember there being a big deal about a "mid-size" Lotus in the werks a couple years ago, but to be honest i haven't heard anything since then.

just recently while browsing carpoint i noticed that it's now for sale off the showroom floor!

anyone seen one in person yet?  driven one?

sticker is $110k + on-road and options.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something Different
I believe the first Lotus Europa is going to be on view at this years Lotus 2007 annual meet. 

Which is being held in Adelaide over Easter - just a couple of weeks away.

Onto the sad news - The new Esprit has been pushed back to 2009.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I believe the first Lotus Europa is going to be on view at this years Lotus 2007 annual meet. 

Which is being held in Adelaide over Easter - just a couple of weeks away.

cool, hope i catch a glimpse or two of it.  :cool:

Onto the sad news - The new Esprit has been pushed back to 2009.

what's the specs on that?  haven't really chatted to anyone who actually owned the late V8 models but all else seem to think it's a pig vs the good old hyperboosted 4banger.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Saw one at the Brisbane motor show. Looks pretty plain next to the exige. Guy said that they had been 30 preorders before then. They say that they are a lot more supple then the elise and exige (not saying much) but not your normal tourer.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
It's CRAP!

I bought into all that 'every day car' stuff, so I went to Zagames cashed up ready to buy.
In real life, it looks like something made by Hyunday not worth more than $20k. And the quality overall is $20k too.
Just as small inside as the Elise. Quality was crap - uneven panel gaps, the door sills creaked when I leaned on them getting out of the car.
I was so disspointed, I wasn't even interested in driving it.

The Elise/Exige is at least gorgeous, so you are willing to put up with it's shortcomings. The Europa is fugly too!
There are a lot of them in the country now, at various dealers. None have been sold though LOL

The Esprit V8 is nice to drive and easy (tons of low down torque). It's just that the S4s is a step above it in handling and it's quicker too. But you have to know how to drive it (you need skill). Anyone can get in the V8 and drive it, just like in a Ferrari.

The new Esprit is supposed to destroy the old one in handling (!), power, comfort, etc. It will beinteresting. I am on the waiting list for it, but I hope it's not going to be a blown up Elise.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something Different
Just Rx my invite from Prestige to come and have a look at the new Europa on Wed - prior to it going on display at the Adelaide car show.  Should be interesting - not going to buy one though - still looking for a job...