Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2011/sports/lotus/exige/spy-pics-lotus-exige-26600

Lotus is working on an update for its   Exige model and these Carparazzi spy pics show the car undergoing   circuit testing on a closed track where some new details can be gleaned   (despite the garish, eye-foiling disguise cladding).
Clearly the Exige is in for a new front end, complete with reprofiled   upper guards, squared-off headlights, new grille and outboard air   scoops, as well as a new, single scoop atop the bonnet.
At the back, the Exige looks a lot different, even if the four   circular taillights remain. The effect is more conservative than the   current model with a straight, flat upper bumper line. If this test mule   is representative, and there appears no reason it wouldn’t be, the rear   spoiler seems narrower but chunkier.
Carparazzi reckons the turret looks different too, but it is hard to see anything significant in the camouflaged car.
It is also claimed test mules have been spotted previously, showing   wider tracks than the current car, indicating it might be a tad bigger.   The wheel arches on the test mule certainly look more pronounced and the   brakes are apparently larger too.
Engine speculation hints at the Exige getting the 3.5-litre V6 seen   in the Evora, producing around 210kW in the regular model and about   260kW in the faster S version. In Australia, the current-model Exige   uses a supercharged 1.8-litre engine delivering 162kW.
When could the new Exige be expected to make its entrance?
According to industry scuttlebutt, the Exige is aimed more at next   year’s Geneva motor show than at this year’s Frankfurt show (although   Lotus has not revealed all the details of its stand at the Frankfurt   motor show, it has revealed two will be high-power models – one of which   is claimed to be the fastest road car the company has ever built, while   the other is destined for the racetrack).

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
If you stare at it you can see a 3D dolphin.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

If you stare at it you can see a 3D dolphin.
I'm not sure about that but I am getting very sleepy.

Offline Paulstar

looks good... i think, what a confusing shape. I'd like to see it in person, that bonnet vent, those A pillars and the meshy looking vents around the rear window  :boggled:

Offline Rickjames

looks good... i think, what a confusing shape. I'd like to see it in person, that bonnet vent, those A pillars and the meshy looking vents around the rear window  :boggled:

Agreed, but regardless of looks this thing is going to hustle! Supercharged V6?  :thumbsup: :cool: :eek: :D

And lotus also revealed a rally version that will compete in the tarmac stages of the wrc next year!

Despite hiring that music/rapper/whatever guy I think Lotus are smashing it at the moment. Piston heads also reviewed the 2012 Evora and gave it thumbs up.

Offline Paulstar

Agreed, but regardless of looks this thing is going to hustle! Supercharged V6?  :thumbsup: :cool: :eek: :D

And lotus also revealed a rally version that will compete in the tarmac stages of the wrc next year!

Despite hiring that music/rapper/whatever guy I think Lotus are smashing it at the moment. Piston heads also reviewed the 2012 Evora and gave it thumbs up.

Yes that supercharged six will hustle, and too early to tell with Swizz Beats will do for them  :scratchchin:

You can see what i assume with the WRC one in the background here, reminds me of an FD RX7  :thumbsup:

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
It was unveiled - looks incredible!!

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Love the front, not sure on the rear. Plus the whole car looks too long, not tiny like an S1 or S2 Exige.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
I actually like it, reminds me of the Hennessey Venom, plus the current models have always seemed too "stubby" to me.

The new Exige also runs a V6 now so I'd say they had no choice but to make it longer.