Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I read on autoblog today that Lotus is planning to make their own new v6 to stick in this
I suspect it will initially be the Toyota engine as found in the evora though

which makes me think they are crazy again, if this is indeed true many customers will wait for the 'real lotus' exige

similarly, when the evora came out, lotus said the supercharged one is coming soon,  hence no one bought the regular one as they were waiting for the supercharged one to see how it compared
now that its here it seems irrelevant as the evora is already years old

The only reason Lotus would consider making their own engine is if Toyota and every other engine manufacturer has them on stop credit. 

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
The only reason Lotus would consider making their own engine is if Toyota and every other engine manufacturer has them on stop credit.

+1
Toyota's engines are so strong and reliable, theyd be crazy to move away from them.

Online ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: Lotus Evora S

Offline dkabab

Is Chris Harris out on his own these days? the video is ok, interview scenes aren't. audio is hit and miss... seems a bit of a botched job....

car is awesome though!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Online futurism

• Drives: Porsche 911 996 GT3
  • Name: David
The Chris Harris video of that was a bit weird to me
He was talking about how great it is because of all the electronics
that seemed to be the feature of the video, even in race mode when planting the throttle in the middle of the corner, nothing bad would happen, no slip at all
in fact race mode had less potential for sideways than sport mode which allowed minimal fun

this seems a very strange way to praise a lotus, especially an exige which is their 'most focused' model
To me, that level of tech would be better suited to the Evora and the Exige review should be all about how 'the chassis is so good you have total control with one finger despite the lack of electronic interference'

Online futurism

btw, most of the panels are slightly modified versions of the Europa S, some are the same. roof, bonnet area, even the nose is pretty much the same, just different headlights

the ass is different but I dont like the rear view on the new exige, it looks too old fashioned to me

I also note the front tyres are like the bike tyres on my Europa which I was just discussing elsewhere on this forum

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
The Chris Harris video of that was a bit weird to me
He was talking about how great it is because of all the electronics
that seemed to be the feature of the video, even in race mode when planting the throttle in the middle of the corner, nothing bad would happen, no slip at all
in fact race mode had less potential for sideways than sport mode which allowed minimal fun

this seems a very strange way to praise a lotus, especially an exige which is their 'most focused' model
To me, that level of tech would be better suited to the Evora and the Exige review should be all about how 'the chassis is so good you have total control with one finger despite the lack of electronic interference'

Seems quite sensible. Sideways is fun and showy, but not fast.

if you take your racing seriously, it shouldn't slide around in race mode!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Is this out yet? It's probably just the ash wannabe in me, but I'm suddenly a bit of a Lotus fan. :o

Online futurism

I can do you a good price on a Europa :)

but in all seriousness, the new exige seems fantastic

whilst I find it surprising how much electronic tech they have put in it as per what I wrote above, personally I think thats great
it seems to be ridiculously fast around a track with race mode on
in some videos I thought there was no setting to turn all the safety ECU's off but in newer reviews I read there is an off setting

Just have to hope the entire company doesnt implode a day after you buy one, which is unfortunately why they might struggle with sales at the moment

They are surprisingly cheap new in the UK for the amount of performance you get

There are news stories from the end of July stating they had started rolling off the production line, but no info around about one being in Australia as a demo or for sale to my knowledge