Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I'm quite relieved to read this.  :)

Each to their own Roman.  ;) You know I'm a bogan mate.  I like cc's

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I come from a different perspective.  If it's a good example of a particular genre/design philosophy, I like it.  That's why my garage currently contains the best example of the AWD turbo pocket-rocket, and a lightweight, pure, middy.  And that's also why my garage will contain (in the future) something rear-engined, and a rumbly V8.

Why box yourself in to just worshipping one marque or one genre of car??????

Life's too short to deprive yourself of very different (but good) cars and experiences.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Er, yeah so am I, and this is the first time I have ever had smaller than 8 cylinders - Daily drivers not included.

But I must say I will never look back now. I was always lusting after a V8 Esprit but now I have the S4s, that will do.    :D :D :D

Next project - GT40.   :thumbsup:

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I come from a different perspective.  If it's a good example of a particular genre/design philosophy, I like it.  That's why my garage currently contains the best example of the AWD turbo pocket-rocket, and a lightweight, pure, middy.  And that's also why my garage will contain (in the future) something rear-engined, and a rumbly V8.

Why box yourself in to just worshipping one marque or one genre of car??????

Life's too short to deprive yourself of very different (but good) cars and experiences.

Don't take it personally mate.  A lot of people don't like HSV's, I do, I buy them and enjoy them, period.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass

I was always lusting after a V8 Esprit but now I have the S4s, that will do.    :D :D :D

And it's quicker and handles better than the V8. Nevermind the fact that it's the most powerful production engine of kw/litre or kw/cyl

164kw/litre
90kw/cyl

If it was a V12, it would make 1,080kw :D
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If it was a V12, it would make 1,080kw :D

:eek:

What about get 4 of the 2.2s and make a V16.    :D

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass

:eek:

What about get 4 of the 2.2s and make a V16.    :D

Now we're talking! Quick, we should patent the idea before Lotus steals it!   :drink:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Don't take it personally mate.  A lot of people don't like HSV's, I do, I buy them and enjoy them, period.

It's all good, Brett... just having a chat! 

FWIW, I never knock HSVs or FPVs... I think they're sensational value and just plain good cars for what they are.  Anyone who thinks they're pure shite either haven't driven one, are plain ol' car snobs, or still equate Ford and Holden with the Kingswood era (and should join the rest of us in the 21st Century).

I have little time or interest for car/badge snobs.  A good car is a good car, regardless of marque.  A POS is a POS regardless of marque.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

It's all good, Brett... just having a chat! 

FWIW, I never knock HSVs or FPVs... I think they're sensational value and just plain good cars for what they are.  Anyone who thinks they're pure shite either haven't driven one, are plain' ol car snobs, or still equate Ford and Holden with the Kingswood era (and should join the rest of us in the 21st Century).

I have little time or interest for car/badge snobs.  A good car is a good car, regardless of marque.  A POS is a POS regardless of marque.

And yep the Lotus was faster than the Lambo, but still not my cup of tea, however, having raced go karts perhaps after driving one I'd actually appreciate it.  Just have to get that V8 "want" out of my head.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

And yep the Lotus was faster than the Lambo, but still not my cup of tea, however, having raced go karts perhaps after driving one I'd actually appreciate it.  Just have to get that V8 "want" out of my head.

Well, RB says the steering feel is like an open wheeler (and he'd know).  I reckon you'd love it if you tried it.  Why not have both?