Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

do the pads yourself, 30 minute job - if that

We are talking about futurism here - I really don't think he is keen on doing this sort of thing himself!!!!!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

my partner had her car serviced by Midas ONCE ( only) advised her to replace her pads as they are way low.  Lucky I do lots of things myself.  Bought some pads for about $50, took her wheels off and found the old pads had about 10mm or 2+ years left of service

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
We are talking about futurism here - I really don't think he is keen on doing this sort of thing himself!!!!!

indeed, I wouldnt even be able to jack up the car, then id put the pad on backwards (I hear thats possible), and soon after, drive straight through an intersection with no brakes

Italservice is a good suggestion, have heard of them before but not used them
I have used a mob up the top of Magill road that do MG race car preperation, they seemed great.

Its at prestige now, they have until Saturday morning to solve the spring dilemma.

Thanks for everyones prompt assistance

Mondi: I am sure you would do a fantastic job, and one day I will probably need someone to do something more serious. But sending my car to Bendigo to get some pads done seems excessive.
I have you in mind when I want an exhaust done (milltek seems like a good idea), entirely new brake system if my new pads are still crap, or if I ever need a turbo done or engine rebuild.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Mondi: I am sure you would do a fantastic job, and one day I will probably need someone to do something more serious. But sending my car to Bendigo to get some pads done seems excessive.
I have you in mind when I want an exhaust done (milltek seems like a good idea), entirely new brake system if my new pads are still crap, or if I ever need a turbo done or engine rebuild.

Yes it would be a little excessive, but if you are still having spring issues let me know, I will know tonight if they are available and how much.

If you ever need any help with anything or parts all you need to do is ask.   :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Yes it would be a little excessive, but if you are still having spring issues let me know, I will know tonight if they are available and how much.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I had some custom springs made to go inside some obsolete air jacks on an old race car.

There's a great little place that make anything you need, and it is cheap.

If these lotus springs keep breaking, there's no point putting a lotus one back in again unless it has been upgraded or redesigned some way.

Have a look at it, and work out why it broke, and change it for something better.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I had some custom springs made to go inside some obsolete air jacks on an old race car.

If these lotus springs keep breaking, there's no point putting a lotus one back in again unless it has been upgraded or redesigned some way.

Have a look at it, and work out why it broke, and change it for something better.

change it for something better ... like a porsche    :p
C'mon, do it!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

:doh:
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Why on earth would you want to do that?????

That would ruin the joy of owning a Lotus FFS!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Yes, by all means use porsche parts, but for the love of god NEVER make it look or sound like one!