Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Thought so. North East Rd used to sell Lotus and Ferrari before they moved the Ferrari's out to Glen Osmond Rd. I thought it was still the same company. Enough said.

the whole lot belongs to Bob Coradini

Offline CraigC

• Name: Craig
Futurism - can you point me in the direction of the Europa S owners group?
Also have you made any changes to the headlights to improve vision?
I was informed simply going to stronger globe has led to the plastic melting around the globe and hence the original (read low strength) globe being refitted.

Cheers

Craig

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

BTW - how'd you get on with that Spring issue????

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_186436624709701&ap=1

hope that link gets you there
ive made no changes to my car at all, never noticed the lights being bad but I dont drive much at night and if I do its only around town
In the country at night I never use high beam, so maybe im a rabbit and can see in the dark

melting plastic sounds like a lotus feature though!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I was informed simply going to stronger globe has led to the plastic melting around the globe and hence the original (read low strength) globe being refitted.

Cheers

Craig

Craig,

if you are in Melbourne, there is people who can help......

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
BTW - how'd you get on with that Spring issue????

Prestige found something to use after a few days
Its very noisy every time I press the clutch it makes a springy sound, but it feels ok, the old one was silent, but snapped.
This just adds to the lotusness of my lotus!

Also, A1 automotive did fit my brakes (think I mentioned that earlier), and whilst they stop awesomely, even from cold, they chatter worse than the last ones.
Brake noise I know and expect, but thats more a screeching noise (which is there too, from higher speed stops). My issue is they howl at low speed stops, a much lower pitched sound, which I think is the pads rattling in the callipers, theres a huge amount of feedback through the brake pedal when this happens. If I brake hard it doesnt do it, and its then ok for a while, until they cool down again and probably shrink slightly.

Also, when I put my foot on the brake, theres a loud clunk, maybe thats ok, sounds like when the handbrake is rusted on if you dont drive it for a while.

Finally, at around 40 - 60kmph, I can hear a costant noise of something rubbing from the front left, if I brake even lightly or turn the wheel it goes away.

So....I can stop now, but theres a good chance my wheels going to fall off or similar!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Prestige found something to use after a few days
Its very noisy every time I press the clutch it makes a springy sound, but it feels ok, the old one was silent, but snapped.
This just adds to the lotusness of my lotus!

Also, A1 automotive did fit my brakes (think I mentioned that earlier), and whilst they stop awesomely, even from cold, they chatter worse than the last ones.
Brake noise I know and expect, but thats more a screeching noise (which is there too, from higher speed stops). My issue is they howl at low speed stops, a much lower pitched sound, which I think is the pads rattling in the callipers, theres a huge amount of feedback through the brake pedal when this happens. If I brake hard it doesnt do it, and its then ok for a while, until they cool down again and probably shrink slightly.

Also, when I put my foot on the brake, theres a loud clunk, maybe thats ok, sounds like when the handbrake is rusted on if you dont drive it for a while.

Finally, at around 40 - 60kmph, I can hear a costant noise of something rubbing from the front left, if I brake even lightly or turn the wheel it goes away.

So....I can stop now, but theres a good chance my wheels going to fall off or similar!

:eek:

I will have a word to someone and get back to you.

I never did get a reply about that sprong either, I'll give them a poke about it again.....

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Noisy springs can often be silenced by wrapping in heat shrink.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Cheers

Craig

Have you looked into Xenon conversion kits??? You can get a H4(that's if they are H4 but other kits are available) kit that just replaces the H4 globe. You do need to mount the Ballast somewhere but that is included in the kit. I have used them before in older Yank tanks, they have Glass lenses though. I don't have any at the moment but I don't think they ran that hot. I think the HID globes were rated at 35W. I'm not sure of how legal they are either but they did make a really big difference to the old seal beam head lights in the Stangers.

Or you can go LED, they run cooler than normal globed but are pretty expensive.......

Offline CraigC

• Name: Craig
Thanks Mondi, Futurism - I will follow it up. Yes I was considering HID kits as they seem to be reasonably priced however it does appear to be a completely sealed front to the car so a globe replacement may not be that simple (As everything always is) : (
Can you recommend someone in Melbourne Mondi?

Cheers