Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

Dude, it's a Lotus, only the Lotus supplied Spring will fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Offline cjay

Lotus quoted me $4000 to do the brakes on my Elise, I had not laughed so hard in years!  The $140 nylon washer for the window motor in my Elan was kind of funny as well.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Today I finally managed to get a weekday here in Adelaide.
I lined up AA Automotive near the top of Magill Road to change my pads.

Lee from Simply Sports Cars had pm'd me their name as a suggestion, and they are recommended on Aussie Elises, and I have actually used them before, so it was a no brainer.
As mentioned, I was only back at the dealer looking to have my pads changed as I thought I needed an unrelated Lotus genuine clutch spring.

AA automotive changed the pads in good time, for a good price, and the guy there called me to tell me why my brakes were crap and then showed me once I was there.

Despite numerous complaints from me to the dealer they were crap, they always told me they drove it and they are fine, sports brakes, they need to warm up etc.

My fluid was nearly black, and full of chunky stuff, the guy at AA Automotive suspects it was the wrong kind of fluid also.

The difference with new pads and new fluid is amazing, I have to relearn how to use the pedal for fear of putting a passenger through the windscreen.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

The difference with new pads and new fluid is amazing, I have to relearn how to use the pedal for fear of putting a passenger through the windscreen.

Awesome news, congratulations............. ummm arent the Lotus Dealers the same company as the Ferrari dealers?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Awesome news, congratulations............. ummm arent the Lotus Dealers the same company as the Ferrari dealers?

Nah I think the Lotus distributor is out on Main North Road.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
north east road

Oh yeah there.  Anywhere beyond North Adelaide may as well be Gallipoli to me.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

They are the same in melb, same co. group anyway.

They also do Alfa....

which brings me to my story of the day....

Had an 07 Alfa spider come in for what was supposed to be a quick wheel alignment...

Unrelated to my visit today, but relevant to this thread... It was in at the dealer for service in March, who fitted front discs and pads for $1600 after asking the lease co. NOT the owner if they could! The owner had them remove them again, and the old ones put back on... which are about 60% worn, after 60k km.

Anyway, I begin the wheel alignment by a short road test, where the car is pretty terrible... So I put it on the aligner only to find the right hand steering arm is COMPLETELY shot.. about 30mm of wheel movement side to side... 30mm!

So I investigate and find the rack boots to be FULL of water! And the joints rusted to hell and back.....

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

same owners though

Thought so. North East Rd used to sell Lotus and Ferrari before they moved the Ferrari's out to Glen Osmond Rd. I thought it was still the same company. Enough said.