Offline twilightprotege

• Drives: 2007 Lotus Europa S
  • Name: Andrew
after picking it up with 135km's on the clock on thursday 16 august, i now have my europa back on brisbane with quite a few more km's on the clock. 2020km's from the dealer in adelaide back to my place over 2 days.

initial impressions is the car is great. comfortable over such long distances, oodles of power while being great on fuel at the same time (easily getting 8.5L per 100km's), and of course it looks great. they certainly look better in the flesh than pictures, but i guess everyone says that lol

here's a little pic after i washed it on the saturday once i got home

much better pics to come once i give it a polish, put on my number plates and take it to a nice place for a photo shoot
2007 Lotus Europa S

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Congratulations. Lovely car, well done.

No excitement on the drive back?
C'mon, do it!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Congratulations +1

Have you had a black car before?  After owning four black cars I can promise it will keep you busy, but worth it.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Very nice, congratulations.

Offline dkabab

Awesome, you drove it back.... Which route did you take, average speed?

Offline twilightprotege

yeah i've got a black car (to be sold soon) so quite used to the washing every 5 seconds and using the meguiars quick detailer often lol.

no excitement on the way home so to speak, but as funny as this sounds, the biggest excitement was not being pulled over by cops! 10 cops and not one pulled me over. what makes this stranger than it sounds is that my car had no number plates as i was driving on an unregistered vehicle permit. closest i got to being pulled over was a pair of cops at a petrol station. they saw me and i pointed to the permit sticker as i got out of the car. one of them said "oh i dont care about that, we're just checking out your car". nice!
2007 Lotus Europa S

Offline twilightprotege

dkabab i drove back via the sturt hwy, mid western hwy then the newell. of course the worst roads were as soon as i got in to queensland. just nasty. could barely do 80 it was that rough. at least in sa, vic and nsw i could stick on 110-120 very easily and just made sure i went around the rough stuff, but in qld there was just no chance. it was like dirt road corrugations. just nasty stuff.

2007 Lotus Europa S

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

nice car mate.....congratulations.

Black looks is an awesome  - colour when it's clean  :waah:

Offline dkabab

dkabab i drove back via the sturt hwy, mid western hwy then the newell. of course the worst roads were as soon as i got in to queensland. just nasty. could barely do 80 it was that rough. at least in sa, vic and nsw i could stick on 110-120 very easily and just made sure i went around the rough stuff, but in qld there was just no chance. it was like dirt road corrugations. just nasty stuff.

I drove adeal to bris in 2 days a few months ago, I know the roads. Some pretty horrible roads when you have sports car suspension!

Offline blackr35

How did you go for insurance with that drive?