Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Ok, so that's gotta be a $20k paid job then, probably more.... plus the 40 hour service with parts will be another $5k...

so $25k a fair guess?

just so people know what it costs to make a good car great again.

Question is.... would the car have found a buyer if all that work was done, and the buy price was $25k more than it was?

Online allanuber

• Name: Al
Ok, so that's gotta be a $20k paid job then, probably more.... plus the 40 hour service with parts will be another $5k...

so $25k a fair guess?

just so people know what it costs to make a good car great again.

Question is.... would the car have found a buyer if all that work was done, and the buy price was $25k more than it was?

Nup. At least in my experience you put money into these cars for the pleasure of seeing them run well and for the times when you get a magical run in them. It's a limited market - if the car is very cheap, then you'd need to be very lucky to beat the other 1000 guys who are scouring for the same magical deal.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
that's what I reckon too..

I was just trying to quantify the "your dreaming" aspect of this thread..

unless the guy can do everything himself...... any esprit will cost a fortune to get right and keep right...

it's best to get a well sorted car in the first place, cos they don't cost much more than shit heaps.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al
that's what I reckon too..

I was just trying to quantify the "your dreaming" aspect of this thread..

unless the guy can do everything himself...... any esprit will cost a fortune to get right and keep right...

it's best to get a well sorted car in the first place, cos they don't cost much more than shit heaps.

Yep, totally agreed. If you really need to run an exotic on a budget, you need to be doing the work yourself and be very smart about buying the parts and making changes. I'm all for buying one to fulfill a dream, but no-one should b|tch when there is a price to that excusivity and experience.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That probably applies to all brands too, doesn't it.  And houses too, come to think of it.  :doh:

Offline albo_calbo

• maybe i am crazy.

• Drives: '06 Omega - V
  • Name: Nick
firstly > dont you guys ever work? haha
secondly, cost is not really any concern for me, i have the $20K and my current car an 06 VE Commodore - while i like it i dont love it, its time for it to go.
in the past my dad has had an 84 esprit and a 90 esprit. while i dont rememeber the first one the second one i have always had great memories of.
there are only 2 that i cant really find, one in VIC that looks alright for $19500 but the engine is in a million pieces and the one here in WA for $32000, i find it worrying that its been on the market for a while and at the same price as he bought it 4 years ago. IT HAS AN OIL LEAK!!!! i know what these things cost to repair

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

IT HAS AN OIL LEAK!!!! i know what these things cost to repair

This thread isn't a pisstake is it?  :rolleyes: :p

Offline albo_calbo

• maybe i am crazy.

This thread isn't a pisstake is it?  :rolleyes: :p
my point is the guy says how great the car is in the ad but negects to say it has an oil leak and that he reversed into a pole in it

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

my point is the guy says how great the car is in the ad but negects to say it has an oil leak and that he reversed into a pole in it

That's cool - we're just a bit sensitive on oil leaks around here.  Long story...  :thumbsup:

Offline albo_calbo

• maybe i am crazy.

That's cool - we're just a bit sensitive on oil leaks around here.  Long story...  :thumbsup:
Oh? Do tell