Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

You might get a better deal if you get your second car done at the same time ... oh wait ... erm...
C'mon, do it!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I'm not an expert in exotic ecu and performance gizmos, but for performance jap cars standard chip tunes are the cheapest crappiest tunes you can get.

I can not see how sending a chip to get programmed in Germany is going to be that good in the end. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but all used cars behave differently, different countries with diffeent fuel blends ect. As we all know each car engine is slightly unique to each other, especially when we are talking about hand made engines like fez/mazza and lambos. I fear that a standard software upgrade without any real dyno tuning and alterations could be good aswell as bad to performance. If someone was literally reprogramming the ecu to be optimised to MY car with the aid of dyno testing each change and playing around with air:fuel ratios ect...then that is great, but to generalise a tune for cars with different milage, different fuels, slightly different engine power figures doesn't sound as good as the companies make out.

Do i have a valid point or is there something with exotics that makes what i said irrelevant?
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

different engine power figures doesn't sound as good as the companies make out.

Do i have a valid point or is there something with exotics that makes what i said irrelevant?

Makes sense to me, all seems like BS and as far as the Merc went it was.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You might get a better deal if you get your second car done at the same time ... oh wait ... erm...

I asked about a powerchip in a Getz and they called security :?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I couldn't notice any difference so they took it off, probably have a different effect on different cars but I wont know till I try it I guess. The mob in Box Hill seem to give better figures but it is it the same product ? Probably. :scratchchin:

What merc was it? If it wasn't an AMG and it had standard air sytems like the exhaust, cat, air filters, the car may have benefited but it was choking on the lack of air allowed to go in and leave the engine. You will usually notice a difference with a tune when the air sytem is free flowing the most it can. There probably would have been a performance gain on paper, but not enough to actually feel a difference in the car, make the car breath better and you would have felt a difference with a tune.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

There probably would have been a performance gain on paper, but not enough to actually feel a difference in the car,
That was about it, E500.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
When your spending this type of coin, you have to do your homework 1st Dodger & do not go on "so called" dyno figures alone......talk to different people & decide what you think is best for what you want.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
What merc was it? If it wasn't an AMG and it had standard air sytems like the exhaust, cat, air filters, the car may have benefited but it was choking on the lack of air allowed to go in and leave the engine. You will usually notice a difference with a tune when the air sytem is free flowing the most it can. There probably would have been a performance gain on paper, but not enough to actually feel a difference in the car, make the car breath better and you would have felt a difference with a tune.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

When your spending this type of coin, you have to do your homework 1st Dodger & do not go on "so called" dyno figures alone......talk to different people & decide what you think is best for what you want.

With the Merc I went on what they told me BUT they have a policy of drive the car if you don't like it we take it out no charge, I didn't like it so out it came, they said they could show me printouts to prove the better performance but if you cant feel it what good is it ?. ;)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

how much do these things cost anyway?
Enjoying Life!!!!