Offline Coxy11

• Drives: Alfa Romeo 166, Alfa Romeo 33, MV Agusta Brutale
Not much point in being sorry, Sorry won't bring her back!

Either way....back to topic!
Some people dream of achieving greatness! Others get out of bed and go for it!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

why not post a link to the car you're looking at.  Someone here might know it and may know some history if there is any

Offline M500

As you can see, there are guys here that will "take you for a ride" and also "have a lend of you".

Good luck with your intending purchase. It is difficult getting dealers to take you seriously as a young guy. I admire you not wanting to waste their time but consider that these cars are not the easiest stock to move and any dealer that has one will be keen to sell it. Therefore, present youself as a genuine buyer and be prepared to negotiate hard and you may well find yourself with a well proved local car that saves you time and money rather that making your mind up on a car on WA.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Not much point in being sorry, Sorry won't bring her back!

Either way....back to topic!

Welcome to AE  :thumbsup:

Offline Coxy11

why not post a link to the car you're looking at.  Someone here might know it and may know some history if there is any

Point taken....

It's worth saying, it came from Sydney and he took it to WA....I've spoken to the guy and seems genuine enough, he did mention it was due for the 90k service, belts etc.....

That in itself doesn't worry me, the 166 is also due now I think of it! What does worry me, he said that sometimes you start the car up and there is no turbo boost.....if you turn the car off, wait 5 mins or so and start it back up, its fine.....doesn't happen everytime but it has happened.

He also mentioned the drive by wire issue....he seems to be of the opinion that it does play up (all threads on AE suggest so also) But he reckons to disconnect the plug give it a blow out and reconnect it, and the thing is happy again....

He has been pretty honest with me, so im not too concerned, but if anyone does know about the car, any info is appreciated.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/maserati-3200gt-1999-14529084?base=&vertical=Car&cr=3&eapi=2&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965360%204294964988&num=15&silo=Stock&sort=default

Offline Coxy11

As you can see, there are guys here that will "take you for a ride" and also "have a lend of you".

Good luck with your intending purchase. It is difficult getting dealers to take you seriously as a young guy. I admire you not wanting to waste their time but consider that these cars are not the easiest stock to move and any dealer that has one will be keen to sell it. Therefore, present youself as a genuine buyer and be prepared to negotiate hard and you may well find yourself with a well proved local car that saves you time and money rather that making your mind up on a car on WA.

Thanks for the advice!

I do have a few options for some 3200's and I'm not going to be rushed into anything, certainly if the car is an abomination I wont touch the thing, but the car does look nice and I do have a soft spot for italian machinery.

Tim

Offline adam01

Being a manual, particulalry check for end float - few have had issues if they have had a hard life.

Do further research on the 2 UK maserati site (this model was not sold in the USA)

Offline Coxy11

Being a manual, particulalry check for end float - few have had issues if they have had a hard life.

Do further research on the 2 UK maserati site (this model was not sold in the USA)

When you say end float....what do you mean?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Looks very clean but they're like printers, the hardware is cheap but the spares will clean your wallet out if you not careful.