Offline Coxy11

• Drives: Alfa Romeo 166, Alfa Romeo 33, MV Agusta Brutale
Looks very clean but they're like printers, the hardware is cheap but the spares will clean your wallet out if you not careful.

I like that quote Dodger! Not bad at all hahahaha
Some people dream of achieving greatness! Others get out of bed and go for it!

Offline rich_1979

I know exactly how you feel, I bought my Lotus when I was 21 (in the UK) and bought the first car I test drove as I found it so hard to get the dealers/sellers to take me seriously. Lucky for me it turned out to be a gem of a car and when I sold it 50,000 miles later with nothing more serious than regular servicing, brakes and tyres I had no regrets, but it could have turned out far worse! Even years later at 29 when I bought my first "Aussie V8" brand new from a dealer I detected a hint of them not believing I was genuine, and that was a bloody Holden dealer!!!!!

I think what your asking is a great way to go about it and I hope you find someone local who will take you for a spin, I am about to purchase a 4200 Spyder from the UK and had never driven one (just been a passenger in a Gransport) so I took a local car out to make sure I was buying what I thought the car was, almost made me buy the local one it was so good!

Anyhow good luck with the purchase and hope to hear that you're the proud owner of a Maserati soon!

Rich

Offline Coxy11

I know exactly how you feel, I bought my Lotus when I was 21 (in the UK) and bought the first car I test drove as I found it so hard to get the dealers/sellers to take me seriously. Lucky for me it turned out to be a gem of a car and when I sold it 50,000 miles later with nothing more serious than regular servicing, brakes and tyres I had no regrets, but it could have turned out far worse! Even years later at 29 when I bought my first "Aussie V8" brand new from a dealer I detected a hint of them not believing I was genuine, and that was a bloody Holden dealer!!!!!

I think what your asking is a great way to go about it and I hope you find someone local who will take you for a spin, I am about to purchase a 4200 Spyder from the UK and had never driven one (just been a passenger in a Gransport) so I took a local car out to make sure I was buying what I thought the car was, almost made me buy the local one it was so good!

Anyhow good luck with the purchase and hope to hear that you're the proud owner of a Maserati soon!

Rich

Thanks Rich!

Im glad a few people are understanding where I am coming from on this. I do understand previous comments about talking to dealerships to go for a run, but as I'm not serious about those models of car, there is no point in taking one for a drive as I'm not a genuine buyer of that particular model.

I dont mind if I get taken out in an old Ghibli or a new MC Stradale....I just want to see what they are like. Surely it's not too much to ask if someone is going to the shops or a weekend run to jump in.....Im sure a six pack or cleaning the car could be exchanged....

It is hard also being young as you pointed out, its pretty crap the response I've seen on here that young people get about wanting to buy a Maserati, saying that they should go and buy a Honda S2000 instead....If people concerntrated on the car itself and passion for the brand, instead of worrying about how old someone is.....

Good luck with the 4200 Rich.....Where abouts do you live? May get to meet one day in the new cars!!!

Offline rich_1979

I'm down in Victoria so it would be a long road trip :-) I've spent the last three days building a new garage so I hope nothing goes wrong with my purchase, the girlfriends Yaris is sitting in the garage now which is just a waste ;-)

Offline Coxy11

I'm down in Victoria so it would be a long road trip :-) I've spent the last three days building a new garage so I hope nothing goes wrong with my purchase, the girlfriends Yaris is sitting in the garage now which is just a waste ;-)

Well Im sure a roadtrip could be organised!!!!

I want to take the car to Tassie with my dad.....Unfortunately he want's to bring his Alfa 90 along....=| We were thinking about the Auto Italia this year....not sure yet!

Funny you say that about the Yaris, My Ex Gf was living with me till we broke up.....Her Yaris lived in the garage also, she didn't see any issue with moving the Alfa out and leaving it in the sun while I was away at work.....

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Just buy one. I guarantee you'll like driving it.

And if you dont.... sell it.

Its that simple.

Trying one out if you have no ability or intention to buy won't happen in most cases.
This is wrong advice....
Buy a 4200, stay clear of the 3200...
All the other advice is good :)
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
start with this

http://www.maseratiforum.co.uk/m_8137/mpage_2/tm.htm

Coxy,

Listen to this guy, he knows everything about 3200.... You can learn heaps from him. Hope it helps

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

I remember being young.

Buying cars on finance then not being able to afford servicing them, so then funding that on credit cards.

I'm ALL FOR THE IDEAS IN THIS THREAD!   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
This is wrong advice....
Buy a 4200, stay clear of the 3200...
All the other advice is good :)

He has Alfas, the Maserati will be a walk in the park for him lol
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Just buy one. I guarantee you'll like driving it.

And if you dont.... sell it.

Its that simple.

Trying one out if you have no ability or intention to buy won't happen in most cases.

I had ability and intention to buy one and no one let me try it because at the time I was 22.  Went to Sydney city prestige, they gave me the keys and by the end of the day the 3200 was in my driveway. This was 5 years ago now when they were worth a lot more than they are now, but I'm sure it still isn't easy to be able to test drive them.

If you are genuine a dealer should let you test drive.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!