Offline SydneyGransport

• Drives: 2007 Gransport, XJ6 Jaguar,
Hey guys,

So like most Gransport owners have had the cats fail out of warranty... Decision.. Go full custom. Right now my little speed wagon is getting a set of custom made headers and a full 3" Twin system to be coupled back up to the original boxes in the rear. It has taken about 6mths so far of planning for the exhaust magician to get this far but by the looks of it.. I can't wait to see what he makes in the end.

Included is the link to his page in Sydney and I can see the progress each day as he adds new photos.

hoping for good gains and a great note after a re-tune when it's all done . :)

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/Custom_Exhaust_Systems/Maserati_Custom_Exhaust_System.htm

Also I will have the original headers for sale. The right hand ones are new from Lorbek in Melb and literally have only 500km on them. The left hand ones failed just after the warranty lapsed.

Enjoy the pics.. I'm sure you all have thought about doing this after the current system is ridiculously restrictive. Notice the shape of the pipes.. We have designed them to run back past the engine and over the cross-member.. Not under it.
Work so hard that one day your signature becomes an autograph :)

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Hey guys,

So like most Gransport owners have had the cats fail out of warranty... Decision.. Go full custom. Right now my little speed wagon is getting a set of custom made headers and a full 3" Twin system to be coupled back up to the original boxes in the rear. It has taken about 6mths so far of planning for the exhaust magician to get this far but by the looks of it.. I can't wait to see what he makes in the end.

Included is the link to his page in Sydney and I can see the progress each day as he adds new photos.

hoping for good gains and a great note after a re-tune when it's all done . :)

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/Custom_Exhaust_Systems/Maserati_Custom_Exhaust_System.htm

Also I will have the original headers for sale. The right hand ones are new from Lorbek in Melb and literally have only 500km on them. The left hand ones failed just after the warranty lapsed.

Enjoy the pics.. I'm sure you all have thought about doing this after the current system is ridiculously restrictive. Notice the shape of the pipes.. We have designed them to run back past the engine and over the cross-member.. Not under it.
No gransport owners here buddy......only dodger, he'll say no in the beginning, but keep hassling him.....he'll come good
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

No gransport owners here buddy......only dodger, he'll say no in the beginning, but keep hassling him.....he'll come good

There is one but I'll let him come out of the closet himself. ;)

Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: Audi S4 V8 Quattro
  • Name: Mike Glew
Im a little confused. Why go custom headers due to failed cats?  There are perfectly good aftermarket sports cats available, and none of the top exhaust manufacturers around the world bother with aftermarket headers.

Out of interest Supersprint have a good selection of gear designed for max power increases.

http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/store/4200-gransport-c-78_271_338.html

Happy to discuss

Mike

Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline SydneyGransport

Primary cats failed. As you would know the primary cats are connected directly to the headers.. No swap out here hence the expense in replacing them. Around the 4.5k mark from a Melbourne based dealer.

Offline SydneyGransport

This is the actual exhaust manifold from my car, as you can see the cat sits directly below the collectors and is all welded together as one single unit. A lot of the time the primaries will fail and molten parts will then flow into the secondaries causing a massive blockage and cause all hell to break loose in the engine department.

Offline MikeG

Or just upgrade the secondary cats and put straight pipes where the primary cats went.  Hence why Supersprint do the sexy high flow cats setup depicted above :). Still not sure why you're getting the headers remade.  You could have got someone to plumb inline aftermarket cats where the oem ones were for less - and the oem headers are a good design...

I hope this guy who's making them knows his physics...  I assume he got your cam specs and designed the lengths and pipe diameters based on your power curve requirements, right? 

M
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline SydneyGransport

True, we did think about it... But I'm not running any cats at all and decided to go all out on a custom system for something different..

I trust his physics...  One look at his work on previous cars will assure you that this man is a magician. He custom fabricated some pipes and boxes for a mates Testarossa..

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
There is one but I'll let him come out of the closet himself. ;)
Is it MikeG?
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline MikeG

Is it MikeG?

No. Was thinking about it but never got around to getting one...

M
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925