Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'm think of buying a 2004 MASERATI COUPE M138 MY2004 CAMBIO CORSA for $90k

It's done 74,000 K's

It's in great condition but is the price about right ?

I'm told it's cheap but I don't know.

Offline dkabab

as far as advertised prices go, its on the cheaper side....
there are a few 2003 models with much less mileage for less... unless 2004 is your starting point

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

as far as advertised prices go, its on the cheaper side....
there are a few 2003 models with much less mileage for less... unless 2004 is your starting point

Thanks for your reply - the year doesnt really matter though the later the better I guess.
I went out yesterday to look at cars and agreed to buy the Maserati without doing any research at all because the dealer is supposed to be a friend of a mate of mine so I just took his word for it
I actually went there to see a BMW but fell for the Maserati becuase of the noise, speed and the Ferrari heritage.
I was told it's faster than a Merc E55 but I since found out it isnt so I guess car dealers just cant help but bend the truth.
I just wanted to be assured I wasnt being ripped off.

Offline dkabab

because the dealer is supposed to be a friend of a mate of mine so I just took his word for it

probably not the best idea  :doh:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
I was told it's faster than a Merc E55 but I since found out it isnt so I guess car dealers just cant help but bend the truth.

Sounds like a good mate.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Sounds like a good mate.

I've done a bit of checking the price seems ok.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

94's are all around that price, just google and you'll see them between 85 and 95.

Lovely cars though, I've had one for a long weekend and it was a great GT.

Review is here http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/50775/maserati_gransport.html

In the current market I'd offer him 80, if you miss this one there's plenty others to chase.

Check if you have full service records, check if the major has been done (around 80K's it must be almost due), budget 5K/year for proper maintenance.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Too late I'm pretty well committed now.

It had it's 70k service.

I only do about 10k a year so he reckons a once a year service would be enough.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it because as of yesterday I knew nothing about Maseratis and now I own one, after Wednesday anyway.

Service history is ok.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Too late I'm pretty well committed now.

It had it's 70k service.

I only do about 10k a year so he reckons a once a year service would be enough.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it because as of yesterday I knew nothing about Maseratis and now I own one, after Wednesday anyway.

Service history is ok.

Congrats mate. The guys here aren't trying to rain on your parade, but we've all been through the impulse buy, from the 'trustworthy 'mates' dealer. Half the time it ends up in tears.

Post up some pics and thoughts when you get it, looks like a lot of car for the current money.
C'mon, do it!