Offline rich_1979

I've only driven a GrandSport Coupe in the UK, just thinking ahead. I was set on the colour and didn't want to waste sellers time if I knew I wouldn't buy the car, but I guess it's important to drive at least a couple with this type of car. I know with my Elise every car felt different

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I've only driven a GrandSport Coupe in the UK, just thinking ahead. I was set on the colour and didn't want to waste sellers time if I knew I wouldn't buy the car, but I guess it's important to drive at least a couple with this type of car. I know with my Elise every car felt different

I would drive one before I spent too much effort chasing one down. I drove a couple of spiders when they were new and the chassis flex was noticeable then, I can't imagine age and mileage will have improved the situation. If you were buying a 4200 coupe, I would say great car and great value. I drove a couple of them too and enjoyed them enough to place an order. As I said, I would have taken delivery too if it wasn't for the dipshit mechanics employed by the dealer at the time.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I would drive one before I spent too much effort chasing one down. I drove a couple of spiders when they were new and the chassis flex was noticeable then, I can't imagine age and mileage will have improved the situation. If you were buying a 4200 coupe, I would say great car and great value. I drove a couple of them too and enjoyed them enough to place an order. As I said, I would have taken delivery too if it wasn't for the dipshit mechanics employed by the dealer at the time.

I do like the Maser trofeo GT race car, simple and still holds presence on a track
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I do like the Maser trofeo GT race car, simple and still holds presence on a track

Pretty slow though. May as well buy something quicker for the money IMO.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Pretty slow though. May as well buy something quicker for the money IMO.

360CH
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Assuming I buy from either VIC or NSW can anyone recommend an independent mechanic who would provide a pre-purchase inspection? I guess with a relatively small market most of the dealers/mechanics will know the local cars (in that state) which I guess can be good and bad. (Eg having someone who has done work for the selling dealer/individual in the past).

I really want a Spyder in black with tan interior, but I am thinking I may be waiting a long time!  :-(

Rich

I have seen one recently in Sydney, it was unregistered a few weeks ago, from memory it was either black or a very dark metalic grey, can't remember interior colour but I can ask if it's still around and if owner is interested in selling. I have no idea if it's a good car or not though.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Quote from: rich_1979 link= :nana: :drive:topic=13401.msg238761#msg238761 date=1360205531
Hi - just after some general advice for buying my first Maserati. Having owned a couple of Lotus Elises back in the UK I have only driven the family car and pickup since moving here in 2007 and decided it's time to get back into something a little more "fun".

What are the general thoughts on going the import or Australian delivered routes? Does it actually save any money because it seems there are actually more cars for sale in Australia than in the UK at the moment.

Also wondered about the reputation of places that seem to have the cars in occasionally in Victoria (Sports Leisure Vehicles, Parkline Motors etc). Finally I have spoken with a dealer about a car but it has no service history (also no manuals etc) and I assume this would be a no-go no matter what the asking price is?

Any advice for my search or links to existing threads with this information would be much appreciated (I did search for them but didn't find anything specific).

Rich
I would buy an Audi a4..Quattro 2.0litre turbo.. Less money, goes well and it's brand new!!
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I would buy an Audi a4..Quattro 2.0litre turbo.. Less money, goes well and it's brand new!!

3 seconds difference 0-100

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
3 seconds difference 0-100
No way.
The Audi is 6.5 seconds, what's the mazerati?? Can't be 4 seconds, can it?
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
No way.
The Audi is 6.5 seconds, what's the mazerati?? Can't be 4 seconds, can it?

Shouldn't be too far from 4 seconds, my Auto 3200 gets to 100 in under 5 seconds all day every day and that thing is now 12 years old this year. I'm sure the 4200 is much faster, especially with paddles and no turbo lag.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!