Offline Auntikinus

• Range Rover vogue and Discovery 4

I apologise if this is not the place to do it, but I need one front brake rotor off a Maserati Biturbo 2.0 or 2.5 for a 1982 to1988 model.  ANY condition, even second hand undersize.  So far despite trying multiple vendors none have been able to supply.

dianaa@optusnet.com.au

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
What for?
If you want undersized even, what on earth are you going to do with it?

Just buy a pair of new ones!

Ebay?

Offline Auntikinus

If that is the ad for Performance Car Parts online or Nation Wide Autoparts both have been unable to supply as DBA, RDA and Protex manufacturers have discontinued the part.

It is actually to replace the transmission brake rotor on a rather rare Land Rover.  The Maserati part can be machined down to 3/8" and the caliper will still have sufficient contact.

• Soap Dodger

If that is the ad for Performance Car Parts online or Nation Wide Autoparts both have been unable to supply as DBA, RDA and Protex manufacturers have discontinued the part.

It is actually to replace the transmission brake rotor on a rather rare Land Rover.  The Maserati part can be machined down to 3/8" and the caliper will still have sufficient contact.

Ha! Cool reason!

Hard to comprehend a rare maserati part is easier to find than a landy tranny brake!

Offline Auntikinus

Its because it was a vehicle built in South Africa as part of a military contract after production of the original model had ceased in the U.K. hence there are unique and compromise locally made parts on the vehicle.  There were less than 466 of this model ever built and this is a very late one.

If I can't get a single Biturbo rotor then I'll have to try for a pair, or otherwise we manufacture the part ourselves, which will cost more again.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Call these guys, give them the specs and they should be able to work out a brake for you.  http://www.powerbrakes.com.au/

If the disc you are after is a 284mm x 22mm disc the Alfa 147 and 156 have the same sized disc and they use the same brand of caliper as the Maserati used. They will be easier to locate and might do the job.

• Soap Dodger

Hold on one second....

I put all new discs on my lancia thema 8.32

I still have the old ones I THINK.

They might be the same...