Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

From the UK Masa forum, sometimes I'm glad I sold mine :D

Help! Put my 4200 into reverse and. With my foot on the brake the engin revevd through the roof. Put in to neutral fast and smelt loads of burny smells. Put it into 1st and with foot on footbrake engin reved  through the roof again and tried to pull away with out me ususing the acellerator. Managed to get the car back home but when the car down gears to first and I stop with the brakes, smoke billows out of the engin comartment. Smells like burnt out clutch. Cluch was only at 70% 500 miles ago. Car been perfect till now

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Her's another post - they must be thick over there -

So Ive yet to be beaten in a race.. but Im getting that feeling that wont last long.

My 4200 CC has 287KW..

It's time to get greedy.. I want up to 100KW more...

Ideas? Ideas? Ideas?

Offline rotorheadcase

Unfortunately that was posted by a Melbourne owner... more than a little cringeworthy.

Neil

Offline adam01

Offline rotorheadcase

Why on earth you would want to modify the car to 500 hp when the suspension, steering and brakes are just able to cope with the 400 hp it has now. If he has a CC gearbox it will eat clutches even faster than it does now. I love my 3200 but I cannot see the justification in spending that kind of money on mods that will never be fully exploited.

It sounds to me like he should be driving a lime green ute with a big "mother" sticker on the rear windscreen rather than an Italian Grand Tourer.

Neil

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Second luxury vehicle gunpoint carjacking in Sydney in 2 days...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/maserati-quattroporte-stolen-from-woman-at-gunpoint-in-haberfield/story-e6freuy9-1226006407123

Maserati Quattroporte car stolen from woman at gunpoint in Haberfield

A WOMAN was robbed by gunpoint of her luxury car, worth new $120,250 to $134,200, on a street in Sydney.

Police were called to Dobroyd Lane at Haberfield in Sydney's inner west, after a 35-year-old woman was car-jacked by two males, one of whom was armed with a handgun.

Police have been told a red Holden sedan stopped in front of the silver 2009 model Maserati Quattroporte as it was being driven along Dobroyd Lane.

A man, who was armed with a hand gun, got out of the Holden and approached the woman ordering her out of the car at gun point.

The men then fled in the silver Maserati Quattroporte and the red Holden sedan with both vehicles last seen travelling south on Boomerang Street.

The woman, although unhurt, was treated at the scene by paramedics for shock.

Ashfield police are investigating the incident and looking for two men who have only been described as wearing black/dark-coloured clothing.

Police are also conducting patrols of the area in an attempt to locate the stolen Maserati Quattroporte with NSW registration GZ-0000.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Idiots probably thought it was a Ferrari.
Doubt it, thought it was a Hyundai.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I think they meant to say the car was worth $320k brand new not $120k.

But maserati being what it is, the 2009 quatroporte has lost at least $100k in 2 years :)
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I think they meant to say the car was worth $320k brand new not $120k.

But maserati being what it is, the 2009 quatroporte has lost at least $100k in 2 years :)

Don't worry the thief will bring it back when he gets a quote on a new clutch and sees the service bill, plus the warning lights will scare the crap out of him. :eek:

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante Condor Man Yesterday at 23:25
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! PA Yesterday at 23:08
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics scud Yesterday at 22:33
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast JBO Yesterday at 21:19
[ Porsche ] 991 GT2 RS Tmaus Yesterday at 19:46
[ Porsche ] Porsche 991 911 R Australian Registry NBTBRV8 Yesterday at 18:58
[ Cars ] Amazing Cars For Sale Aircon Yesterday at 18:43