Offline pku

I have a friend of the family with a Maserati 224 with Jaeger guages, analogue read but electronic sensors. The speedo is very optimistic and the fuel guage shows empty with half a tank. Im after a recommendation of someone in or around Sydney that could take a look. I used to use Olympic Instruments at Pymble but they are no longer there and I have also used John Robertson of Otto Instruments in Brisbane but thats a bit too far away for a small job.

Thanks

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

ok, does the speedo read zero at zero... and is the optimism reflected by the at zero error?

if that's the case, incredibly, all you need to do is dismantle the speedo and reloctae the needle... it's quite a common problem on a number of italian cars.

If the odometer is off too, then clearly, it will need a calibration/repair.

Fuel gauge problem also likely not the gauge. Probably punctured/saturated tank float.

Take the car somewhere trusted for a proper diagnosis, before you mess around with the gauges.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
and take it to Italia Motori only after you have done your research and you have no choice but to take the car to them... I doubt they will know what to do anyway  :doh:
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
So who's the local Jaeger meister?

(sorry)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
So who's the local Jaeger meister?

(sorry)

well it had to be said
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline pku

That just raises so many memories of no memories and raises even more questions about the many little green plastic shot glasses I have kept in my bar just incase one day it all was explained  :confused:

Anyhoo, thanks FF, I havn't seen the car but owner assures me zero is zero on the speedo. All I want is a place to refer the guy to in Sydney or surrounds that can come with any positive recommendation as he has been mucked around before.