Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Clutch is only 5k if you need to change flywheel, thrust bearings etc otherwise it should be about 3.5k and that's including 100% mark up on parts from Eurospares.
Clutch depends how you drive. I was averaging 1-2% clutch wear per 1000km's until i stupidly decided to try and get the car in my friends garage. In 5 minutes I added about 60% clutch wear. Also i would recommend joining some Maserati forum's to learn more about the cars because I have been told a number of things that were complete bullshit by service people so knowing little things can help. ie. I've been told that it's fine and actually better to reverse up hills with the F1 box. I've been told that the whole headlight needs to be removed to adjust Xenon's. I've been told that it's fine to drive the car when the clutch went which meant i then needed to replace not only the clutch but flywheel etc...I can't yet personally recommend anyone to service the car in Sydney.

^^^^^ What he said I agree with. ANd where the hell did you go to get great advice like that???? The Maserati Dealership? lol

Only place I can recommend and trust now is http://www.scuderiaservizioeuropean.com.au/.
My Mechanic used to work there but has since gone out on his own and is in the process of preparing his own workshop in Silverwater. Opens in a couple weeks. If it is urgent for a PPI take it to scuderia servicio.

$5k for a clutch dodger  :doh:

this might be usefull aswell   http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/the-goodbad-experience-thread-9408.0.html
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline bbb

Have never taken it to a dealership but have taken it to where you recommend.
^^^^^ What he said I agree with. ANd where the hell did you go to get great advice like that???? The Maserati Dealership? lol

Only place I can recommend and trust now is http://www.scuderiaservizioeuropean.com.au/.
My Mechanic used to work there but has since gone out on his own and is in the process of preparing his own workshop in Silverwater. Opens in a couple weeks. If it is urgent for a PPI take it to scuderia servicio.

$5k for a clutch dodger  :doh:

this might be usefull aswell   http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/the-goodbad-experience-thread-9408.0.html

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Had 2 quotes on that Wattens.

It's elementary my dear Wattens..................

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Have never taken it to a dealership but have taken it to where you recommend.

lol so they told you the bull crap? Well in that case, there is no one in Sydney who is trustworthy to work on Massas lol.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Had 2 quotes on that Wattens.

I repeat myself again but this time double....     

:doh:  :doh: 

Make that tripple

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I repeat myself again but this time double....     

:doh:  :doh: 

Make that tripple

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Not sure of what part of "2 quotes" you're having trouble understanding :scratchchin:

One from dealer another from independent.

Offline Ennio

I don't own a Maserati myself but my dad drives a Gran Turismo, whenever the opportunity arises to go for a drive with him I never turn it down! <3

Dad's had a few issues with it before, once going over a speed hump and cracking something under the car leading to some leaks :s had to be towed. Lately the leather has started to peel off from the dash although the leather was recently replaced.