Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

As I said before I'd give Mr Bingle www.mrbingle.com.au a shot at the hood blemish before I bother getting the whole bonnet resprayed, he's been at it now over 2 hours and it's looking awfully good I must say, he's yet to sand it back then polish but it looks like it may work ok, he's confident, gives a lifetime guarantee.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Well here it is you can't tell from this shot as it was a small ding but it's as good as new, 3 1/2 hours $385 all done.

Offline XTREMEIND

Did the paint not have any damage?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
we're talking about the thumbnail sized stone chip/flaked paint yes?

Sounds about right, they CAN do good work those guys. I've used (people like) them a few times, there's a time and place for them for sure.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Yes there was a deep chip previously patched, he sanded it back, filled it and painted then dried it,hen polished, fixed a number of other smaller stone chips also.
The jobs good enough so I don't have to worry about ruining a $2000 paint job with another stray stone.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

we're talking about the thumbnail sized stone chip/flaked paint yes?

Sounds about right, they CAN do good work those guys. I've used (people like) them a few times, there's a time and place for them for sure.

Thats right, even now when I went into the garage the light shone directly onto a miniscule dent in the bonnet I'd never seen before, I'd rather patch these things if the result is reasonably ok.

Offline XTREMEIND

Yes there was a deep chip previously patched, he sanded it back, filled it and painted then dried it,hen polished, fixed a number of other smaller stone chips also.
The jobs good enough so I don't have to worry about ruining a $2000 paint job with another stray stone.

Thats a very reasonable price then, you have to be very careful getting small dents pushed out of late model cars built with these new high tensile materials, if they push just a little bit hard it's going to cost you a panel, you are always told I will try but no guarantee. I have a car coming in in a couple of weeks that went to get some hail damage repaired by one of these guys, it had a couple of small dents in the turret (about the size of a 10c piece) it now needs a new turret, I will post some pics when it comes in. I'm not saying don't do it but I am saying don't do it repeatedly to the same panel. The shrinking and stretching of new metals is very complex.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'd be very selective about how I use a service like this - in this case the alternative was about a $2k spend to fix what was essentially a small imperfection plus a few stone chips, this way if it doesnt work it doesnt matter I'll just get the bonnet resprayed and then probably get a bra fitted because it would just be very annoying to go to all that trouble and then get a largish stone hit the work that had just been done.
All up that would cost me say $3k so at $385 this is a good compromise for now.

Offline XTREMEIND

2K is ridicolous to do a small repair and paint a bonnet, I could have done that bonnet the correct way for half that.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

2K is ridicolous to do a small repair and paint a bonnet, I could have done that bonnet the correct way for half that.

Not just the bonnet but the panel under it had stone chips so that would need to be done too.

Just noticed a couple of very small dents in the bonnet near the front, didn't see them before cant even photograph them, can only see them if the light is on them and you look from an angle.

How do these thing appear from no where ? is it people leaning on the car ? or what.

There were several above the drivers door I didn't see for 2 months after I bought the car, fixed now but they are annoying when you find them.

The more polished the car is the more noticable they seem to be.