Offline Sh3ilsee

I'm new to this so go easy.
I just bought a 2004 Massa Coupe CC with 80K on the clock and have been reading some horror stories about motors blowing because of oil pumps and other such problems. I've had it check by Zagame and a local Massa mechanic both say all is well but didn't seem that interested in going into much with me, partly because i probably didn't ask the right questions.

Is there stuff i should be looking out for? sounds i should be listening for? or people i should be talking to?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'm new to this so go easy.
I just bought a 2004 Massa Coupe CC with 80K on the clock and have been reading some horror stories about motors blowing because of oil pumps and other such problems. I've had it check by Zagame and a local Massa mechanic both say all is well but didn't seem that interested in going into much with me, partly because i probably didn't ask the right questions.
Is there stuff i should be looking out for? sounds i should be listening for? or people i should be talking to?

If you're anywhere near Braeside take it to Phil for a checkover before the stat warranty runs out, or did you buy privately ?

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/profile/ferrarifixer-61/

Great cars, also talk to Phil about a new exhaust, the one he put on mine was a huge improvement.

Thre clutch wear is probably the main thing to watch.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline Sh3ilsee

If you're anywhere near Braeside take it to Phil for a checkover before the stat warranty runs out, or did you buy privately ?

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/profile/ferrarifixer-61/

Great cars, also talk to Phil about a new exhaust, the one he put on mine was a huge improvement.

Thre clutch wear is probably the main thing to watch.

Bought from a dealer. I might get in contact with phil. It has a tubi exhaust on it which is very nice. Is it worth purchasing an extended warranty. The dealership sell 3 and 10 year ones but I've heard they're not worth the paper they're written on.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

No idea about the warranty, ask Phil.

Which one was it ?
I still watch the ads.
Photos ?

Offline Sh3ilsee

No idea about the warranty, ask Phil.

Which one was it ?
I still watch the ads.
Photos ?

Lorbek, blue / peanut. I'll post some photos here when I can. It's not an iPad friendly site so need to put some on my laptop.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Lorbek, blue / peanut. I'll post some photos here when I can. It's not an iPad friendly site so need to put some on my laptop.

Dark blue ? It's still on their web site in the recent sales section.

Very nice looking car, congrats. :thumbsup:

Offline Sh3ilsee

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Hi there.

No, don't buy the warranty. But put the money away for yourself somewhere as if you had, and do it as if you were renewing a warranty as time goes by.... A self warranty if you like...

In the mid to long term, you'll be much better off just paying for stuff when/if it breaks.

Biggest fear items are F1 shifting hardware, a kit is $30k from the dealer, but stuff comes up from time to time. I have a brand new old stock item, for a fraction of the price.

The oil pump problem is just from owner abuse. Check the oil level regularly, and use the correct oil grade as specified in the owners manual, which you'll have read at least 3 times from cover to cover and know off by heart.
 :tilt:

Offline Sh3ilsee

Hi there.

No, don't buy the warranty. But put the money away for yourself somewhere as if you had, and do it as if you were renewing a warranty as time goes by.... A self warranty if you like...

Biggest fear items are F1 shifting hardware, a kit is $30k from the dealer, but stuff comes up from time to time. I have a brand new old stock item, for a fraction of the price.
 :tilt:

WOW that is scary! How many have you seen go? and is there a trigger or sign? and can it be prevented?

Happy to bring it in for a 3rd opinion if you can squeeze it, you don't charge like Zagame do you? They hit me up pretty good for just a ppi