Offline michael

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that Maserati does not provide an option for a rear view camera to be fitted from factory. If this is the case, does anyone know why? The Gran Turismo is a relatively large car and I'd imagine parking in a tight space would be a nightmare.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that Maserati does not provide an option for a rear view camera to be fitted from factory. If this is the case, does anyone know why? The Gran Turismo is a relatively large car and I'd imagine parking in a tight space would be a nightmare.

It's got parking sensors. It's no harder to reverse park than any other large car. A camera is handy but the sensors do the job OK. The GT has a bigger fault. It's pretty ordinary to drive.

Offline michael

The GT has a bigger fault. It's pretty ordinary to drive.

Can you kindly elaborate on this?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Can you kindly elaborate on this?

Just my opinion. I had one for a day and found it sluggish and soggy. Google some road tests for expert opinions if you are interested in one. Don't take my word for it.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Just my opinion. I had one for a day and found it sluggish and soggy. Google some road tests for expert opinions if you are interested in one. Don't take my word for it.

I felt the same way as you. The GT didn't feel any more sporty than my CLS350. ALthough the GT "S" was a big improvement.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I felt the same way as you. The GT didn't feel any more sporty than my CLS350. ALthough the GT "S" was a big improvement.

but surely a Maserati is SUPPOSED to be refined and comfy and smooth and quiet like a Merc...

If you want a sporty Maserati, buy a 612 or a 599 etc...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

but surely a Maserati is SUPPOSED to be refined and comfy and smooth and quiet like a Merc...

If you want a sporty Maserati, buy a 612 or a 599 etc...

I recall posting after my drive in the GT that my S65 felt like a Veyron when I got back into it. A Maserati should feel a little bit sporty at least.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

S65 is VERY grunty car, not fair comparison

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

S65 is VERY grunty car, not fair comparison

Fair point. But the Maser was my most disappointing drive in years. They call it a sports car on their website and it simply isn't.

Offline dkabab

the massa sounds epic though.... what version is davids, mhh?