Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
The GT4 did surprisingly well, considering its age...the car i mean, not the drive :D It kept up with me on some of the roads, until I got bored and went into 2nd gear :P

if i was any good driving a manual, i'd have moved out of 1st! :p

it's a good old bus...must have been great in the '70s i guess. like a 430 today, probably.

actually, there are a lot more high performance cars nowadays.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
it's a good old bus...must have been great in the '70s i guess. like a 430 today, probably.

actually, there are a lot more high performance cars nowadays.

I agree with the last part.  I made a thread about it on fchat a year or two ago and got lambasted about it.

I find it hard to equate the first bit, I admit it may just be my inexperience, but geez... I think there's a bit of a logarithmic scale going on - if there is a serious (greater than say 20%) road-usable performance car beyond the F430 for high-end (but not shiek) money that comes out in the next few years, I'll be very surprised.

In fact, I was really surprised by the F430.

Having prior to that, spent a lot of time in Gallardos and 360s and Murcis and a CS etc, I knew we were getting to the high-end of what a car could reasonably do.

But the time I've spent paxing in F430s...  totally blew me away!  I've spent a good deal of time in those cars thinking "this cannot fucking do what it's doing right now....".  The latest time I spent in Tassie with 1neon - my freakin god - I have never played a video game that was as extreme as what we did.

I find it *really* difficult to comprehend that humans in our lifetime could utilise the performance in an F430.  So say Jules Verne... :p

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I agree with the last part.  I made a thread about it on fchat a year or two ago and got lambasted about it.

I find it hard to equate the first bit, I admit it may just be my inexperience, but geez... I think there's a bit of a logarithmic scale going on - if there is a serious (greater than say 20%) road-usable performance car beyond the F430 for high-end (but not shiek) money that comes out in the next few years, I'll be very surprised.

Having prior to that, spent a lot of time in Gallardos and 360s and Murcis and a CS etc, I knew we were getting to the high-end of what a car could reasonably do.

But the time I've spent paxing in F430s...  totally blew me away!  I've spent a good deal of time in those cars thinking "this cannot fucking do what it's doing right now....".  The latest time I spent in Tassie with 1neon - my freakin god - I have never played a video game that was as extreme as what we did.

I find it *really* difficult to comprehend that humans in our lifetime could utilise the performance in an F430.  So say Jules Verne... :p

well that's the thing, Ash, we thought the same things in the '70s....but somehow these brilliant engineers just seem to keep plucking things out of the air and improving.

when i bought my boxer, i thought 'well surely this is going to be as good as it gets'...then i saw the performance of a testarossa and new turbo porsche and though 'yep...i was right'

but i was wrong...........

again.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Yeah - there must be some serious changes from the car I was in if they can describe the drive as "nimble" and the sound as "incredible".

The "S" has the 4.7 ltr engine from the Alfa 8C with a very derestricted exhaust under "sport" bypass mode. Watch some of the videos on youtube to see what I mean. However, it will never be nimble. At 5 mtrs and 2000kg it is just way too big.
My impression of the "S" is that it is still a proper 4 seater luxury grand tourer with a harder edge to make it more involving to the senses. If you want a full blown sports car, go buy one- simple as that.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

You need a ride in a race car....

Road cars feel fat and slow after riding in a real GT car on slicks at a track like Eastern Creek (the best) or Phillip island (close 2nd best)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I bet!   I mean I can't even describe how boring and soft someone's brand new Holden/Mazda/BMW/etc feels after tooling about in an X - but I'm assuming circuit speed feels different to road speed yeah.  I'll get out and and do track stuff oneday, but the adventure side of things is what drives me, so I'd be looking for the best compromise - hence my desire for the Atom/X-bow, and failing that - Elise/Exige.