Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: Audi S4 V8 Quattro
  • Name: Mike Glew
When I was looking at GranSports, I thought it was just the case that all the ones I drove were rubbish, and that the good ones were somehow unobtainable. 

Same age as my current B7 Audi s4, and my car has been punished on the racetrack, dirt roads, and has done over 120,000km.  There's alot to be said for German engineering...  That and a good example of my car goes for under $45k these days, whereas a Maserati Gransport??

Still, I'd prefer more RWD bias, but sadly I got the Automatic version which has maximum 50/50 bias, rather than the Manual with maximum 40/60 bias...  :(

M
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline gesit

• Live a life worth living...

• Drives: Maserati Gransport LE
  • Name: Oscar
It's an import but how clean is this !!!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Maserati-Gransport-2007/SSE-AD-3417827

Fancy bumping into this, I've bought this. Picking up the car tonight, easily the best GS in NSW.

Offline tdc911

Fancy bumping into this, I've bought this.

My commiserations.

Seriously though, nice looking car. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Offline gesit

It's nice outside, inside and under the hood. Passed full inspection with flying colours.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

It's nice outside, inside and under the hood. Passed full inspection with flying colours.

Awww gee I was going to buy that... :D

Congrats, great car  :thumbsup: I'm surprised they don't sell quicker, they're great value too.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Its certainly pretty. Hope its a rare one and is reliable for you as well.  :thumbsup:

Offline gesit

Its certainly pretty. Hope its a rare one and is reliable for you as well.  :thumbsup:

I hope so too. Well it's been serviced by a lone mechanic who's been working for the Ferrari dealer here in Sydney for the last 20 years. I will continue to use him to take care of my baby...

Offline bbb

I owned a Gransport for a year about 4 years ago. Daily drove it and put 30,000km's on it in that time. It never broke down. I did buy an ODB scanner though to leave in the boot as it did throw the odd check engine light, having a Larini on it didn't help!

The guy who bought it from me did the Formula Dynamics Drive by Wire upgrade which he said transformed the car. I did find the throttle on taking off from stationary a bit vague which this fixes plus helps with clutch life apparently. Just don't reverse up hills or slowly creep forward up hills, I learnt the hard way :-P

Anyway congratulations and enjoy!

Offline gesit

I owned a Gransport for a year about 4 years ago. Daily drove it and put 30,000km's on it in that time. It never broke down. I did buy an ODB scanner though to leave in the boot as it did throw the odd check engine light, having a Larini on it didn't help!

The guy who bought it from me did the Formula Dynamics Drive by Wire upgrade which he said transformed the car. I did find the throttle on taking off from stationary a bit vague which this fixes plus helps with clutch life apparently. Just don't reverse up hills or slowly creep forward up hills, I learnt the hard way :-P

Anyway congratulations and enjoy!

That's very comforting to hear. I mentioned about the FD drive by wire upgrade to my mechanic, he wasn't a big fan of it. The last clutch replacement done on my car, it was replaced with quattroporte's clutch which meant to improve the life of the clutch. I've read on another forum on how to prolong your clutch. I know about the reversing uphill but going forward uphill slowly as well? How am I suppose to park the car in the garage? Push it in hehe...

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

How am I suppose to park the car in the garage? Push it in hehe...
Goober will say get used to doing that.  :scared: