Offline bbb

That's very comforting to hear. I mentioned about the FD drive by wire upgrade to my mechanic, he wasn't a big fan of it. The last clutch replacement done on my car, it was replaced with quattroporte's clutch which meant to improve the life of the clutch. I've read on another forum on how to prolong your clutch. I know about the reversing uphill but going forward uphill slowly as well? How am I suppose to park the car in the garage? Push it in hehe...

I just mean don't slowly crawl up a hill. You want to engage the clutch as quickly as possible, crawling slowly = slipping clutch. I was house sitting for a friend who had a very steep driveway that then flattened out into the garage. It looked as if the car would bottom out so we were checking as I slowly edged forward whilst on a huge incline (...idiot). After a number of attempts at different angles I then smelt clutch burning quite badly before I stopped. Driven properly the clutch will last over 40k km's (probably not bumper to bumper traffic though). The reason reversing up a hill is so bad for the clutch is that its geared as long as 2nd gear...so its like trying to take off in 2nd...slowly....up a hill.

Also if you find that your headlights are aimed way too high there is an adjustment screw though an access panel in the wheel well. I was told by the Maserati mechanic that he needed to take the whole headlight out to fix it and that I would have to bring it back in another time as it was a larger job. I fixed it myself, made a video on how to do it and emailed it to him. The main reason I sold the car was that I wasn't comfortable (as in trusted) anyone servicing it after that. I'd still buy one again though as I think there is more places about that I would take it to now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJIot1IAQm0

Offline gesit

• Live a life worth living...

• Drives: Maserati Gransport LE
  • Name: Oscar

I just mean don't slowly crawl up a hill. You want to engage the clutch as quickly as possible, crawling slowly = slipping clutch. I was house sitting for a friend who had a very steep driveway that then flattened out into the garage. It looked as if the car would bottom out so we were checking as I slowly edged forward whilst on a huge incline (...idiot). After a number of attempts at different angles I then smelt clutch burning quite badly before I stopped. Driven properly the clutch will last over 40k km's (probably not bumper to bumper traffic though). The reason reversing up a hill is so bad for the clutch is that its geared as long as 2nd gear...so its like trying to take off in 2nd...slowly....up a hill.

Also if you find that your headlights are aimed way too high there is an adjustment screw though an access panel in the wheel well. I was told by the Maserati mechanic that he needed to take the whole headlight out to fix it and that I would have to bring it back in another time as it was a larger job. I fixed it myself, made a video on how to do it and emailed it to him. The main reason I sold the car was that I wasn't comfortable (as in trusted) anyone servicing it after that. I'd still buy one again though as I think there is more places about that I would take it to now.

Noted re: crawling uphill. Did u get any reply from the mechanic? If you are in Sydney and need to find a good ferrari/lambo/maserati mechanic, check out European Galleria in Artarmon. Ask for Loui and say Oscar sent you.

ps. nice video, what's your ride now?

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

read this from Aldous, Ferrari/ masershiterati all the same, stay above 1800rpm and clutch should last a month or two.
http://aldousvoice.com/2014/08/07/ferrari-f1-clutch-operation
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline gesit

• Live a life worth living...

• Drives: Maserati Gransport LE
  • Name: Oscar
read this from Aldous, Ferrari/ masershiterati all the same, stay above 1800rpm and clutch should last a month or two.
http://aldousvoice.com/2014/08/07/ferrari-f1-clutch-operation

Thanks for the link mate, great read and very informative.