Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Ive built show cars and hot rods from scrap metal so I dont mind some mileage......

So you got some photos????

Love Hot Rods, learn so much building them.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

So you got some photos????

Love Hot Rods, learn so much building them.

I'll send you a pm so I dont go too far off topic, Like I usually do.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
usually Wattens would be right onto this

been awfully quite lately :scratchchin:

Hahaha I'm in the Greek islands ATM, can't be bothered with the forums too much right now.

A 3200 that has had the front of the chasis repaired by Ferrari/maserati workshop (apparntly the front of the car fails sometimes lol) has had a recent throttle body change or repair and if the abs pump has been changed shouldn't give you problems for a long time ( with exception
to sensors and general maintenance)

They arn't crap cars, they are cheap because people don't usually look for one as they assume they are too expensive. I still own my 3200, a very capable everyday car, they are temperamental but most euro cars are anyway. Arnt expensive to fix or maintain as long as it never goes to the dealer for repairs.

Hope this helps and good luck.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

My mate had a GranSport (I know a different car, but similar) and he said that in one year it cost him over $40 000. He is thinking about selling in now for a Cayman.

I think your friend has exaggerated.... Quite a lot....

Offline Stingray69

• Drives: Magnum's car but grey
  • Name: Rennie

360-Japanese looking Ferrari indeed-in fact, I'll go as far as saying a 360 is an Italian version of a Japanese Macca F1. Ferrari were clearly inspired by Gordon Murray's creation-if you don't believe me, look at a F355, look at a Macca F1, damn near came out the same time and then look at the 360.
As Alan Uber suggested-go with the heart, after all, this is AE-we all have our favourites, and our favourite's change from time to time-if ever, some of us love old school and others love the latest and greatest, some of us love Italian, others love German or the Brits but whatever our choices, so long as live the dream, then none of us are wrong.
If you ain't living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space

Offline Stingray69

• Drives: Magnum's car but grey
  • Name: Rennie
A 3200 that has had the front of the chasis repaired by Ferrari/maserati workshop (apparntly the front of the car fails sometimes lol) has had a recent throttle body change or repair and if the abs pump has been changed shouldn't give you problems for a long time ( with exception
to sensors and general maintenance)

They arn't crap cars, they are cheap because people don't usually look for one as they assume they are too expensive. I still own my 3200, a very capable everyday car, they are temperamental but most euro cars are anyway. Arnt expensive to fix or maintain as long as it never goes to the dealer for repairs.

Thanks Wattens. Got a few PM from other forum users that were very useful indeed and your advice is bang on target. More information to synthesize. 
If you ain't living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space

Offline povoro

The 3200GT was a great car to own. As per previous advice, get one with a good history of maintenance on throttle body, accelerator potentiometer and by the age of 10 years now, has had the turbo hoses and other rubber bits including the radiator checked or replaced.

Niggly things are expensive like window motor actuators and a/c or suspension complaints. Get in touch with a good forum like Maserati forums UK, and you will be fine. (e.g. a big issue turned out to be a $50 engine temperature sensor) Average cost of service and repairs was $5-7K per annum to keep it in top spec, and unfortunately as I had moved OS, had to sell it at Pickles rather than waiting for a private purchase, otherwise I would have kept it.

I found my new love after driving a Lambo Gallardo Balboni on a track last weekend, so now a Lambo is at the top of my list to replace my lost Italian love!

Good luck.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

The 3200GT was a great car to own. As per previous advice, get one with a good history of maintenance on throttle body, accelerator potentiometer and by the age of 10 years now, has had the turbo hoses and other rubber bits including the radiator checked or replaced.

Niggly things are expensive like window motor actuators and a/c or suspension complaints. Get in touch with a good forum like Maserati forums UK, and you will be fine. (e.g. a big issue turned out to be a $50 engine temperature sensor) Average cost of service and repairs was $5-7K per annum to keep it in top spec, and unfortunately as I had moved OS, had to sell it at Pickles rather than waiting for a private purchase, otherwise I would have kept it.

I found my new love after driving a Lambo Gallardo Balboni on a track last weekend, so now a Lambo is at the top of my list to replace my lost Italian love!

Good luck.

Looks like a few people on here start of with a  fairly economical italian exotic and work their way up to the big boys toys.

Was your 3200 the one with a dark exterior colour and a creamy or light interior colour?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Looks like a few people on here start of with a  fairly economical italian exotic and work their way up to the big boys toys.

Addiction -

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Sorry have to edit what I said:

Looks like a few people go from an economical exotic up to the big boys toys, except for Dodger, he goes back to a Falcodore  :D