Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
I still fail to see why everyone persists in asking ridiculous premiums for these, as lovely as they may be. $700k is a realistic price, not $890k to $1m. No wonder none seem to be selling.

How do you feel about the premiums on all the other limited production cars from other manufacturers? Speciale Aperta at the best part of a million $ premium for example.

I would be surprised if any of these LT Spiders cost less than $775-$800k plus out the door.

Offline bobbo

• Only car brand starting with "F" that I can afFord

• Drives: Badly

How do you feel about the premiums on all the other limited production cars from other manufacturers? Speciale Aperta at the best part of a million $ premium for example.

I would be surprised if any of these LT Spiders cost less than $775-$800k plus out the door.
Fair call 360c. I have no issue about premiums and paid above the odds for the new company car today (not an exotic though). It is just that in the case of the 675 the premiums being asked here seem way out of whack compared to the premiums being asked in the UK. Same could be said of some of the others too, such as the 458 Speciale.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Fair call 360c. I have no issue about premiums and paid above the odds for the new company car today (not an exotic though). It is just that in the case of the 675 the premiums being asked here seem way out of whack compared to the premiums being asked in the UK. Same could be said of some of the others too, such as the 458 Speciale.

I haven't been following the market all that closely as I am not selling and I didn't buy it to make a buck. Having said that, the LT's were very expensive cars and any premium on real world sale prices would likely be very modest compared to the lunacy in Ferrari land.

Offline bobbo

• Only car brand starting with "F" that I can afFord

• Drives: Badly
I haven't been following the market all that closely as I am not selling and I didn't buy it to make a buck. Having said that, the LT's were very expensive cars and any premium on real world sale prices would likely be very modest compared to the lunacy in Ferrari land.
It's been a pleasure to read your comments on the car in the forum and I am glad to that you are happy with the LT.

If I was fortunate enough to have one I doubt I would be in any hurry to sell it either. Unfortunately, accountants (or at least the ones without other major "business interests") don't tend to make the sort of money required to put one in their garage. And I guess that it's just the nature of being an accountant that leads me to looking at comparative prices on anything, whether it be a car, a property or a business.

Maybe the new prices in Australia tend to be over the odds compared to the UK in the first place? It will be interesting to see what happens on 1 January when the new rules come into effect.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

It's been a pleasure to read your comments on the car in the forum and I am glad to that you are happy with the LT.

If I was fortunate enough to have one I doubt I would be in any hurry to sell it either. Unfortunately, accountants (or at least the ones without other major "business interests") don't tend to make the sort of money required to put one in their garage. And I guess that it's just the nature of being an accountant that leads me to looking at comparative prices on anything, whether it be a car, a property or a business.

Maybe the new prices in Australia tend to be over the odds compared to the UK in the first place? It ill be interesting to see what happens on 1 January when the new rules come into effect.

I know what you mean, I'm actually a bit of a numbers man myself and Accounting was by far my best subject at School. Unfortunately I had to drop it for the sciences to get where I needed to go. Sadly Accounting and all the other professions have been nuked and are not as lucrative as they once were.

Maybe the size of the UK market has something to do with it. We have a much smaller number of cars; but a seemingly disproportionate number of people with the means to buy them  :scratchchin:

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Heard today you can get one for $700k.

That's more like a reasonable price for a used LT.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Heard today you can get one for $700k.

That's more like a reasonable price for a used LT.

On the money for an average spec coupe I would think.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

On the money for an average spec coupe I would think.
it's a spider with lots of fruit.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Sounds cheap, which one?
i hate sounding like a wanker who has info, drip feeds it to sound all important, but then can't say more for now.  ::)

But I can't say more for now as a mate is looking to buy it.