Offline dkabab

Extreme styling sounds great. But 2018.... I want it now

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Got told this.......

"will be 4.0 litre and 700bhp plus...front has big grills and vaguely looks like a 918...big screen info system and interiors to match bespoke Aston and Ferrari.
Engineer described the car to me as super aggressive and unlike anything we've seen before"

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Got told this.......

"will be 4.0 litre and 700bhp plus...front has big grills and vaguely looks like a 918...big screen info system and interiors to match bespoke Aston and Ferrari.
Engineer described the car to me as super aggressive and unlike anything we've seen before"

Geneva or Frankfurt launch ?

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Is it true they are looking at Honda for the engine and hybrid stuff

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Teaser campaign has started ahead of launch at Geneva in March… Here is the carbon monocell…

The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Best looking tub I've seen!

This thing will piss on a SV Aven for looks! :p

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
details

McLaren has revealed its plans for a new Super Series model, which will make its debut at the Geneva motor show in March.

The new model will replace the 650S, but is likely to carry a new moniker to highlight an expected increase in power over the existing model.

It's also been developed around a new central structure, dubbed Monocage II. Constructed from carbonfibre, it's said to weigh less than the carbonfibre and metal cockpit architecture of the 650S, and contributes to a dry weight of 1283kg - 18kg less than the car it replaces.

There are other benefits to the new structure too, including improvements to cabin access, thanks to wider door apertures and a lower sill to slide over. Notably, McLaren has released an image of the bare structure that suggests its doors may cut further into the roof than those of the current model, which will certainly aid ingress. One of the defining characteristics of the current car is a fantastic Group C-style view out of the windscreen, and that should continue unaltered.

McLaren also claims a lower centre of gravity from the new setup, and owners will be able to specify a 'Visible Monocage' option to make the carbonfibre a feature of the cabin.

Other details are thin on the ground, but the new car will be a bigger step forward from the 650S than that car was over the 12C it replaced. Mike Flewitt, McLaren Automotive CEO, describes the new model as 'a revolutionary leap forwards', both for McLaren and for the segment in which it competes.

There should be several more leaps over the next few years too, as the 650S replacement is the first of 15 new models put forward in the firm's "Track22" business plan. These will replace the existing models, and offer a few more in addition.

Further details of the new Super Series car, including images and pricing, will be revealed at the Geneva motor show.
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I just gave my buddy my number plates P14 as I won't be needing them.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline dkabab