Offline bobbo

• Only car brand starting with "F" that I can afFord

• Drives: Badly
Saw that afterwards, seemingly lone dissenters who may have spent a lot of time with 675LT's perhaps?  The 720 is a replacement for the 650S, not the LT so it has to be softer and more livable.

Yep, two of his mates have 675LTs so I reckon you have hit the nail on the head. You looking forward to the 750(?)LT Spider? Autocar said "confirmed"!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Yep, two of his mates have 675LTs so I reckon you have hit the nail on the head. You looking forward to the 750(?)LT Spider? Autocar said "confirmed"!

Yup, I'll be a buyer of the 750LT for sure  :potus

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Yup, I'll be a buyer of the 750LT for sure  :potus
It will be known as the 747SP and it should fly.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
It will be known as the 747SP and it should fly.

It'll be short and stubby with a huge wing out the back  :thumbsup:

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Some starkly revealing commentary from Henry Catchpole…

Full article here - https://drivetribe.com/p/Y742Vnj2Rtuu9c8RwCHnfw?iid=X0PRXBf8TG-30HPfvsRSGw

"To me, the 675LT wasn’t so raw and uncompromising that it was unusable and I would like to have seen much more of its character in the 720S. Perhaps it’s a consequence of competence. Perhaps the myriad extra sensors in the suspension are almost doing too good a job, perhaps it just needs an aftermarket exhaust, but even a 650S or 570S feels more engaging. This feels more like a return to the numbers-driven early days of the MP4-12C.

I know there are charts that show all sorts of improvements in air flow, power, response and lap time for the 720S, but a memorable meal isn’t judged purely on its nutritional values. Perhaps I should be viewing it more along the lines of a 911 Turbo. Ruthless, fast, useable. But a 720S has a supercar shape and to me that brings with it certain expectations.

A supercar should be spine-tingling in its sensations, yet as we went through a long, echoey tunnel on the way back to the airport there wasn’t even a temptation to change down a few gears, let alone crack the windows open as you would with the turbo V8s of 488 GTB or AMG GT under your right foot. McLaren is probably saving that extra emotion for an LT version of the 720S some time in the future, but I think that's a bit of a shame."
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Journalists and owners have different expectations of a car.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Journalists and owners have different expectations of a car.

Yup, owners are in it for the long haul and Journo's are effectively basing their opinions on a day or so of driving.
Perfectly illustrated by the Journo who thinks he could daily drive a 675LT. You certainly could; but it would get old very quickly unless you were particularly young and tolerant.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Yup, owners are in it for the long haul and Journo's are effectively basing their opinions on a day or so of driving.
Perfectly illustrated by the Journo who thinks he could daily drive a 675LT. You certainly could; but it would get old very quickly unless you were particularly young and tolerant.

Oops, I drive mine to work etc quite often. :o

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Oops, I drive mine to work etc quite often. :o

Take it as a compliment, you must be young and tolerant. :D