Offline gyrex

• Why work when you can play golf...

Hi guys,

I just ordered a C63 AMG but I have a few questions and I'm hoping some of you blokes can help me out...

1. I didn't order LSD - should I have ordered it? Since I ordered it on Sunday I'm pretty sure I could add it on.
2. Has anyone done an ECU tune on a C63? If so, where did you get it done and how much did it cost? What were the results? Does anyone know of someone in Sydney that can do this?
3. Has anyone done the 2nd cat deletion? What were the results? I want to leave the resonators on there but would like to just get rid of the 2nd cats...

Thanks guys!

John

Offline CortinaD

Never driven one but if the option is there I would go for the LSD unless you are just going to be puttering around the city.

Offline gyrex

• Why work when you can play golf...

Never driven one but if the option is there I would go for the LSD unless you are just going to be puttering around the city.

Yeh it's pretty tempting but I think it's a $6,000-$7,000 option... Just not sure if it's worth it. I don't think I'll be doing track runs in the car.

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Contrats John  :thumbsup:

One of my clients has one in Zircon Silver and he loves it !
He used to drive a BMW M3 ( Not current model) and he reckons this is the best car he has driven since the BMW M3 Days ! Oh , and i am sure he has all those optional features that you mentioned !

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Yeh it's pretty tempting but I think it's a $6,000-$7,000 option... Just not sure if it's worth it. I don't think I'll be doing track runs in the car.

Super, you just answered your own question. Easy peasy.
C'mon, do it!

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Congrats mate :thumbsup: If you are not going to be taking it to the track, do not bother. Save the cash for a tune & exhaust ;)

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Congrats mate :thumbsup: If you are not going to be taking it to the track, do not bother. Save the cash for a tune & exhaust ;)

Agreed with Scott  :thumbsup:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Ask the dealer if you can test drive one with and without it fitted.

If you can feel the difference, and think you may drive in the wet a lot, or on ice/snow or gravel, then get one.

Merc chew rear tyres like nothing else I know, poor weight distribution/too much torque/poor gear ratio IMO.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Merc chew rear tyres like nothing else I know, poor weight distribution/too much torque/poor gear ratio
= lots of fun  :cool: