Offline XTREMEIND

The car in question is a 300 Adenauer, named after Chancellor of Germany Dr Konrad Adenaeur who apparently refused to travel in any other type of car. They were built as a luxury limosine from the mid 50's to the mid 60's and cost over $10,000 when released, a very good restored example will set you back well over 100k these days.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I think a reasonable four door would set you back $50,000+. 

This VERY car could be yours for $59,990.

Offline XTREMEIND

That would be a very good aquisition, it appears to be in vgc and obviously drives ok. I think the value of these 300's is going to increase pretty rapidly over the next 10-15yrs, i'm finding a lot of collectors are showing interest in the 300's now as the later model Grossers are getting a lot scarcer (and more expensive) these days.

Offline Kurtobe

Go for it!  Would be great to see them parked side-by-side.  And, as far as classics go, they're a wonderful car for the money... As you stated, $20k should get you a nice one, $20k+ will get you a top one. :)

My favourite of this model is definitely the 220S or 220SE coupe (W128).  It's such a beautiful car.   They start at around $40k and go up from there.  The convertibles are $100k+. I'm glad I prefer the lines of the coupe over the convertible... one of those rare times where I find the cheaper model to be more desirable (speaking for myself, of course).
What is the difference between the 220A and the 220s

Offline gwunta

Here's my 1968 W108 Mercedes "350SE" that started life as a 280SE until I got sick of the lack of power and decided to put a twin turbo 350 chev in it.  I've built it myself with the exception of paint and stainless steel welding.  I was hurt in a surfing accident 10 years ago and am a quariplegic (you can see me i the background in my wheelchair in one of the shots.  Anyway, if you';re itnerested in the build go to www.cripple.tk

Cheers

Grant

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
very nice dude..... gonna haul some butt.

Offline j15

Here's my 1968 W108 Mercedes "350SE" that started life as a 280SE until I got sick of the lack of power and decided to put a twin turbo 350 chev in it.  I've built it myself with the exception of paint and stainless steel welding.  I was hurt in a surfing accident 10 years ago and am a quariplegic (you can see me i the background in my wheelchair in one of the shots.  Anyway, if you';re itnerested in the build go to www.cripple.tk

Cheers

Grant

Just checked your website Grant - thats an amazing project and a credit to your determination. What stage are you at with the car now (its hard to tell from the webpage)

Offline gwunta

Thanks very much.  Yeah the website is badly in need of some updating.  The picutres that I posted above are where the car is from an looks perspective.  The mechanicals have had a fair bit of work done.  A custom sump has been fabricated, along with custom gearbox crossmember, tailshaft and exhaust system.  I'll get some more photos up on the build website in a week or so as I have university exams on at the moment.

She should make around 600 rear wheel horsepower to start with and then by playing around with the boost and the tune she should make around 800 with those turbos, more than enough to keep me busy.

Offline TomE

Saw this old merc at a SA resto shop earlier this year. Was keeping company with a Aston Martin DB2 and a Jaguar SS and a Lambo which was being stripped.

Offline tdc911

Saw this old merc at a SA resto shop earlier this year. Was keeping company with a Aston Martin DB2 and a Jaguar SS and a Lambo which was being stripped.
Looks like Vern Schuppan's recently acquired Aston Martin.