Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Thanks mtarone - you've been there for me right from the start.  :thumbsup: :p

Things are going well so far.  I've paid for the car (to a dealer I've never met for a car I haven't seen :)), organised insurance (not easy if you don't live there), booked the clearbra (200km from the dealer and a 5 day job), arranged registration (technically I should be a resident), booked flights and accommodation (now need to move them due to clearbra taking so long), booked a rental car with Avis (and got into a fight with Hertz who didn't want to refund despite saying I could cancel) confirmed storage (thanks to CondorMan we have choices) , found a transport company to bring the car back from Frankfurt in September, arranged for Shannons to cover the car if it ever gets to Australia (no track cover though), and joined the RAC in case of breakdown or accident, and membership needed to apply for a carnet.

Once we have the exact delivery day, we'll lock in our flights/rental car/accommodation again and that's pretty much it until we see the car. It's a LOT trickier than buying a car locally but quite satisfying to work through the problems along the way.

Hi Mate,

I received a positive email back from Carole who works with Rod (he is apparently holidaying in Turkey).

She basically said that my original quote would need to be varied based on 7,500 miles and she was therefore having it requoted to a higher amount. This seemed fair to me.....

So perhaps you could do something similar after the first tour?

I will keep you posted if she comes back to me by the end of the UK work week.

Regards

Mini MHH
May the Horse be with you....