Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I'll give you all a tip about the 355 fuel plumbing recall too...

It is 100% totally and utterly unnecessary, IF your engine mounts are in good condition.

It's sole purpose is to stop the fuel pipes rubbing the hose clamps on the water pipe, once the engine has drooped down with saggy old mounts.

Depending on luck and prior servicing, either your fuel pipes will leak, which catches fire (not good), or hopefully the water pipe gets rubbed through, which is just a coolant leak.

But NONE of this happens if the engine mounts are ok, and more importantly, your mechanic knows what he is looking for....

SO........ change your engine mounts, just the front ones (usually), and ALSO get the fuel plumbing update... but don't neglect the engine mounts.

Also, use challenge spec engine mounts, and you'll not need to do it ever again.... probably. And they're not too hard at all, very nice in fact.

Then, yes, there's valve guides (the valves are actually ok in isolation, it's the guides that give problems),

the exhaust manifolds,

the cam timing (expecially a certain dealer I know that gets them ALL wrong),

theres CV boots where the exhaust burns them,

and the oil leaks from the output shafts,

oh, and engine oil leaks (I know a bit about them)....

and on and on and on.... :tilt:

355's are actually quite problematic in my experience. Poor things are in that age where they're not yet restored, but not yet finished falling apart...