Offline cel

My response to the earlier questions. I picked Sony at the time when I wanted to buy a DSLR when I didn't really know much about SLR's. I wanted to upgrade my Casio compact camera and stumbled on an article about Sony's upcoming first DSLR. I read a few previews and honestly did not even look at Canon or Nikon at the time.

Many (most) would argue that the best picks are either Nikon or Canon.

I always like going for the underdog though and everything I read about the Sony A100 (I bought it as soon as it was released  here about 5/6 years ago).

In those years I learned about it just messing around and taught myself the best ways to use it for what I wanted out of it. During those years I also started a little lens collection and upgraded the original kit lenses I purchased with the camera at the time.

For me picking my next camera as a Sony camera was a no brainer. I really love how innovative they are and the camera just feels perfect for what I want and need in my photos. It takes a long time to get to know your camera so after having invested so much time with your camera, the only reasons to change brand is if you don't feel the right connection with your camera, or the camera can't give you what you need in your photos.

I wouldn't mind getting a macro lens for some cool bug shots though I need more $$ first...