Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Very kind of you to suggest that - thanks. I enjoy this sort of thing and am glad others appreciate the efforts.

I am happy to report that McLaren have done a lot of good things for me in recent times. Quite unexpectedly really as for many years there was no contact from within - positive or negative. Earlier this year I was invited to participate in the previously mentioned F1 20th Anniversary gathering in Italy. The invite actually came from the event organizer, but it was thanks to sanctioning by McLaren that that took place. During the Monterey/Pebble Beach weekend one of the executives in attendance from McLaren let me know they felt it was important for me to attend the unveiling of the new P1 supercar in Paris and in this case they ended up covering the cost of my travel expense. I was shocked and humbled by their generosity. While there I was given quite the VIP reception by a number of Mclaren employees who I was surprised to learn we're quite familiar with my enthusiasm for the brand. Their marketing team even interviewed me on camera to capture my initial reaction to the P1 and hosted the video on their social media sites. Crazy really!

A job on the inside had been discussed a bit already and I remain eager and willing if they decide to extend the offer. I devote quite a bit of time to this McLaren crusade now - to the point where it almost feels like a second job at times, so it would be nice to consolidate. ;)

RMV - I actually missed snagging a physical copy of the CAR 50th issue myself so I am glad our friend tdc is able to assist. :)

>8^)
ER

Great story!

If you're ever in Sydney I'm sure the local guys would tee up a quick ride as well. Let me know if you are ever here!   :)
C'mon, do it!