Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Aircon - could you share a few thoughts on the 308 vs the 355. I've had a 355 (which I loved till it combusted), a 360 which was love and hate, and a 456 which I love when I see it between it's constant need for garage time.

I could see a 308 in the garage, but have heard few opinions on them from anyone who's had a more recent model...

Well, I've owned a couple now. The 308GT4 and a couple of 308GTBs. I also had a 328GTB, which was one of the least inspiring cars I've owned....so compared to what you've had, I don't know if you'd enjoy an injected one for the same reasons I don't.

The carby ones are fun, though. They're a bit temperamental, spit and fart once in a while, sound fantastic with the driver's window open when you can hear the carbies sucking like crazy, cheap as chips to own and maintain (if you get a good one to start with) and fun to drive at reasonable speeds. If you try to drive what in this day and age is considered fast, you'll be disappointed, but if you want something that is just beautiful to look at in the garage, sounds great, is fun to drive without having to do break neck speeds, won't break the bank to run AND should keep its value, I reckon you'd be happy with one.

As a matter of fact, I was made a very good offer on the 308 which put me into a panic, so I sold the 355 instead. The one I enjoyed driving the most was the one I was in at the time, but for completely different reasons....but after having had the 355CH for 14 years, I found it easier to part with than the 308.

Hope that makes sense, because it's all very abstract, which Ferrari ownership is, as you know.

I love my car. Buy your own