Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I'll have to try driving an Esprit, you're doing a good sell on em!

I haven't driven a heap of great cars - just enough to form an OK opinion though, and pax'd hard in way more than enough to know what feels "right".  If there were to be a benchmark to exotic sports car, mid-90's Esprit would be my pick, that car feels... right.  Not far behind is NSX, both have similar price point, if I were stretched and needed reliability/practicality I'd choose the NSX, but that's mostly based on web opinions.  I can only imagine F355 is close to on-par, but never been in one to comment intelligently - I can however say that it's predecessor the 348 is woefully inept in comparison, better suited to comparing against Esprit from '76 - even then I doubt it would fare favourably.

You picked it man on viper visibility, the bonnet is loooooooooooooong and it takes a bit to get used to it after jumping out of the other cars - though you get used to it pretty quickly once behind the wheel. Gotta remember the weight though - it's easy to be going a lot quicker into a corner than you realise, with a lot of car to try and slow down if you overbake it!

Hehe - sounds about what I was thinking. :p  Awesome fun though by the sound of it!