Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

The new distributor cap is a huge bonus because it's like 10 bucks to replace AND can handle a lot more voltage. There's no plus side at all in keeping the original set up.....esp since it's probably got a lot of wear and tear making accuracy impossible.

The BSM also has a switch to change maps to whatever you want it to be....quite handy if you're only able to get 91 octane or if you want to make sure someone else can't drive it fast. No computer, device or tools needed.

I'm not going to be drawn into a pissing contest on this. I agree, it IS nice the BSM system caps are cheap. Maybe it's nice because you'll need to buy them. But other than that, they just look wrong.. IF THAT MATTERS TO YOU. The dizzy just looks wrong, again.... IF THAT MATTERS TO YOU. Although, the BSM caps are actually about 40 pounds (bottom of page)  http://www.superformance.co.uk/a-308/ignition.htm

But Ferrari caps seem perfectly reliable to me. In my 25 years, I've only ever changed them due to breakage from rough handling or accidents, and almost never for wear and tear problems, maybe once or twice for corrosion.

The voltage comment is a non issue. The Ferrari caps handle the ICE system perfectly well.

And as for original stuff being inaccurate... you've got it wrong/misunderstood... the ICE system deletes all internals of the OE dizzy. It is as accurate as the BSM system.

And the ICE system has 3 analogue displays on it, each display has a two digit number that you can toggle around like an odometer using buttons. You  can set upper rpm limit, safe rpm limit using the toggle buttons, and then you can also chose from one of 100 different advance maps using the third two digit toggle display.

You have a switch to turn on/off the safe rpm limit, that can be hidden anywhere on the car.

The BSM system is perfectly suitable and works superbly, but it looks non original. Although they can use your existing dizzies and caps if you like, I'm not sure of the cost implications of doing that though, whether it's more or less, I don't know. I'll ask them.

The ICE system has all the same performance features of the BSM system, and some more, and it looks original too. Sure, if you do bust a cap or something then it will cost more... caps are 85 pounds for twins or 125 pounds for singles... (top of page)  http://www.superformance.co.uk/a-308/ignition.htm  hardly a big deal for the frequency you may need one (near nil).

The two systems are simply options/alternatives. Both are as accurate as each other.

I'm an OE type of guy, so I like ICE better. But I'd never talk anyone out of buying a BSM system if that's what they want.