Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Just stumbled on this one - can't believe I never saw it before, it's a complete rebuild happening in Perth.  Thread has been going nearly two years and there are *loads* of photos of the itsy-bits (no photos of the whole car though :p )  Hopefully he'll pop over here and say hi.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f11/australian-jalpa-rebuild-7823/

I have decided it is time to rebuild the engine in my 1984 Jalpa. I have low compression in the front bank of cylinders down as low as 75 psi in one of the cylinders. The engine still runs Ok and reasonable smooth and no other engine noises. The dash on says the car has done 23500kms so it shouldn't be worn at all, the car was converted from LHD to RHD at some point so not sure if it is the orginal dash or not, all indications so far point to those kms being correct. It still has the original pirelli tires on the front and they still look like they have 90% tread (The are aged and perishing so they will be replaced). The water pump has also started leaking and they will need overhauling, so have decided to do the whole lot. Ross's engine rebuild has inspired me

I am not a mechanic but like to do things myself and have had a reasonable amount of experince working on engines over the years, bought the following things to get me started.

The first picture is the engine crane I will use to lift the car. Thanks to Laust for giving me this link showing how he used the same crane to lift the engine out and where to attach the ropes http://www.400gt.com/vlg/jalpa3/P8070347.JPG

The second picture is the engine stand I have seen a few similar to this one on the site so hopefully it will do the job.

The third picture is the walnut shell grit used for sandblasting aluminum.
I started the following thread the other day for removing the front spoiler so as not to damage it when you pull the engine out.